North East SSoM Members!!!

• Sponsors (?)

I can see that currently you will never admit that you made the wrong choice but we'll get back to this subject in 3-4 years and see what you think then.

Enough of that stuff, post some damn pics with the 315's on!!!

I can see that currently you will never admit that you made the wrong choice but we'll get back to this subject in 3-4 years and see what you think then.

Enough of that stuff, post some damn pics with the 315's on!!!

I think one of the scariest things about this presidency is that Nancy Pelosi is 3rd in line.....1 & 2 are bad enough..

I would have to go north and pick potatos :canada:

I think one of the scariest things about this presidency is that Nancy Pelosi is 3rd in line.....1 & 2 are bad enough..

I would have to go north and pick potatos :canada:

Lots of people are going to learn this lesson the hard way. All the signs were there but no body wanted to believe them.

The words "I told you so" will be used frequently the next 4 years.

The words "I told you so" will be used frequently the next 4 years.

Yeah a lot of those words have been said in the previous 8. Along with 'he is a moron' and 'can't believe someone that stupid is the president'.

I'll try to get some pics tomorrow. Finished the rear brakes today but waiting for any leaks of which I did find one earlier tonight. Need to get some more gear oil for the rear before that is done. Still have to plumb in the proportioning valve and bleed the brakes. Tomorrow the big concern is replacing a tie rod end on my toyota because it failed the inspection last week.

been busy today but here you go
IMAG0005.jpg

IMAG0004.jpg

You can see a pair of my old underwear that I'm using as a rag in this pic. HA HA

I always had you pegged as a tighty whitey guy, guess I was right.

You know it! Keeps everything where it is supposed to be. When you move around as much as I do at work you want to keep things in one place or it can get very uncomfortable.
Put all the tires on last night just to get them out of the way and put the old ones in the shed. Put in my adjustable proportioning valve yesterday but I need to get some lines for the Roll Control. Once that is done I can bleed the brakes and be done with that. Then it will be time to hit the road to adjust the brake bias and get the front end aligned.

Not 100% yet but Im aiming for May 16th.

Roomates are all out on their bikes, makes me want to drive the Stang. 2 more weeks the road should be really good. Its good enough now but I have no need to take it out. Would rather have the new rear tires on anyway, Having those mounted on thursday.

Yeah I will, Im getting it done at AAA b/c you get a discount for being a member, which I have to renew tomorrow.

Guy that lives here just bought an 82 Mustang w/ a 347 Stroker. Have not seen it yet or know what it has for parts. Hopefully he brings it here soon so I can give it a once over. Told him at work today I would let him use my MT DR's for the track if he wanted but then remembered its prob a 4 lug

Dyno Day. May 2

let me know how much they charged you for the tire mounting. I got ripped off by Tire Warehouse. About $25 each because they were 'high performance' tires and chrome rims.

Unfortunately this is the going rate for dismounting & mounting tires on "specialty wheels" now. We do up to 18" wheels & tires but our machine will scratch polished wheels. The newer "touch free" tire machines cost about $10,000 so tire companies charge as much as $35.00 just to change a tire if it is wheel that is considered a specialty wheel. We wont even touch them, if we see a polished wheel or extreme low profile tire 17" or larger we just won't do it. I take mine to Sullivan tire in Scarb. to have tires changed because I dont want to scratch my wheels on our machine.....

mine are 315X35X17 so they shouldn't be to difficult to mount and they are not chrome or polished

Mine aren't polished either, but they are clearcoated inside & out. The jaws on our machine are metal and would definately go through the paint to the aluminum. Some wheels the tires come off from the front, some the back. Mine happen to come off from the rear which means that I'd have to clamp the front with those jaws.

Some of the newer machines clamp by going through the center hole or the stud holes, those are the best ones.

I tried doing a favor for a friend (2004 Black GT, you'll see him at Epping this year) when he bought his 315/35R18 Goodyear GSD3s, ended up ruining a tire trying not to scratch his new wheels.

It kills me being in this business to have to pay my competitor to do something I should be able to do, but we really concentrate on trucks & off road tires and I dont see us ever investing in the type of machine needed to do this type of work.

On another note my 3.12" Vortech pulley came in today along with a few suspension bushings. The Boost a pump will come in next week. Time to get back on the road...