North East SSoM Members!!!

went to Bike week in Laconia on saturday. Hot and sticky. Saw tons of bikes. Took a pic of a nice looking topless chick. She had pasties on her nips but had some fantastic hooters.
It was a lot of fun just checking out all the people there. Some fat nasty things there also. There was one obese woman with tight stretchy pants and a big wet spot in her crotch you could see from the back. It was so disgusting. It looked like she pissed herself.

• Sponsors (?)

whats up? Real quite around here. I've been trying to fix the push lawn mower tonight. Ordered a couple of parts for it so the wheel stays on and it starts working as a self propel once again. I think I'll go out tomorrow and finally get a riding mower to speed things up and make it easier on me. Been looking at the John Deere mowers for quite a while. Time to step up. Besides the last kid is almost out of the house and I'm going to have to start mowing again.

Mower fixin, sounds fun :)

Put the bump steer kit on the car today but one of the tires is all F'ed up as far as being straight. Not good to drive it but the other one is straight but I have no more rod left for adjustment to pull the tire back in....

Mower fixin, sounds fun :)
Not good to drive it but the other one is straight but I have no more rod left for adjustment to pull the tire back in....

Yeah fixing the mower is fun. Order a couple more parts.
Went to Lowes to see if they could deliver a new riding mower today but they had too many deliveries so I will wait till Thursday or Friday to buy one then have it delivered on the weekend.
When I did my bump steer I had tons of adjustment in it. Took me a while of measuring the front and back of the wheels to get both tires straight.

Mike..a new mustang would be so sweet. The power and the fuel economy are awesome. If I could get one hell of a trade in on mine I would seriously consider it.

I'll tell you that the new cars do handle the road better. The chassis is so much better than what we have. Hell even the V6 would be fun but the V8 would be a dream.
Not sure what happened the other morning to my car. I stomped on it after going through the tolls and something happened. It feels like its running on 1 less cylinder. Hoping its something simple and not a head gasket. Couldn't do anything today because I had to replace the front brakes on the Toyota and I had to go get my hair cut. Not looking forward to working on it in the upcoming heatwave.
Got a new John Deer riding lawnmower coming tomorrow. Its gonna be some much nicer and faster mowing the lawn now.

hopefully you can figure it out bryan. Mine rides like a brick b/c of the suspension now lol Im taking the lower intake off tomorrow to see if I can figure out if thats the cause of this non stop oil leak. I hope I find out that its warped b/c then it will explain why its doing it and I can just get another one

well the intake is not warped nor are the heads. I put a flat edge on both and everything looked fine. I sold the Trick Flow R for $550 and am buying a Edelbrock Victor 5.8 as soon as the funs from pay pal go into my bank account. Found a guy on stangnet selling one. He wanted $500+ shipping but new at summit they are $542 so I got him down to $480+ half shipping. I really dont have any other options except for trying a new intake. It's about the only option I really have as far as trying to stop that leak. The TFSR always gave me problems ever since it was put on the car but the Cobra intake that was on it before never leaked at all. The Cobra lower was not a factory lower either so its not like I went from a non leaking OEM part to a leaking aftermarket one. Hopefully it fix's the issue b/c then I'll be one step closer to getting back to the track again with whats left for time to run this summer/fall. Sucks that I had all the suspension work and K member done and have not even been able to go to the track yet to try it all out. Also am buying a new Centerforce clutch this week and will have that put in by the end of july so Im hoping by Aug 1 that it will be track ready again.

001-21.jpg

002-26.jpg

Hey thats what my engine bay looked like earlier today!
Ran a compression test earlier this week and found cylinders 7 and 8 only holding 15-20psi. So I new the problem was there. Pulled the head today and yes the gasket was blown. The head looks to be in pretty good shape so hopefully all I have to do is have it milled a tiny bit.
Two years ago the other head gasket blew and I had to have that one welded and milled. This one looks better.
I'll try to get it to a local shop early this week then I'll have to get some gaskets.

that makes up my mind for boost :rlaugh: I didnt have the heads off mine but if I go w/ a set of Trickflow 205cc heads then they will be coming off once its put up for the winter this fall. I'll sell the AFR 185's to offset the cost of the 205's and maybe a little port work done by fox lake :D

What were you using for head gaskets? Try some MLS ones.

What were you using for head gaskets? Try some MLS ones.
Felpro gaskets. I think I read recently that the MLS gaskets only work good if you have the deck surface finished to a finer level than what is normally found on the small block. The Modulars have that finer level of smoothness.
I was just using what AFR suggested for gaskets.
Doesn't help there are only 4 bolts per cylinder trying to clamp that load.

I'm gonna take the cobra this year. Haven't really driven it for "recreation" purposes. You should definately go sometime Travis it's a blast. I usually have enough room were I stay that u wouldn't need to pay

Nice I'll keep that in mind. If I dont have a ton of issues like Ive had this year then its something I'll think about doing.

you guys that left Maine will love this. They just passed a law that took into effect on the 12th for cars/trucks/motorcycles and aftermarket exhaust or as they put it "louder then stock" There is a DB level limit of 95. The fight has begun.