stang vs. charger

Alright guys, I had a guy come up to me running his mouth saying that he will bet me $100 that his charger r/t can outrun my mustang. I told him lets take it to the track so i can get a timeslip proving that i won and he said street race. I told him that id think about it. Do you guys think i stand a chance of beating him, i know i can shift fast enough but iono bout him having a hemi. Thankx

• Sponsors (?)

I dont know, are they the only mods you have in your sig? With exhaust, intake and gears I'd say take him to the track and get your $100, but if thats all you have, Im not sure.

But definitely go at the track, that way if its close he cant say "I won" or "its too close to call" or "Does that thing got a Hemi in it?" and try screwing you over. Get the slips and you will know who won.

yeah thats the only mods i have, i have my lowering springs sittin in my floor right now but no money for c/c plates. I wish i had some gears and a shifter. This kid was completely running his mouth because mommy and daddy bought him a charger r/t and says he can beat me. I dont think he can just because its so heavy.

I think* they run low 14s so if you can really drive take him to the track and run him. Im gonna do some googling and see what most of them are running stock.

EDIT: did a quick search over on the charger forums, and most are running mid-low 14s, with a few claiming high 13s. If you can drive go for it, but dont F up and make sure you both give the money to an honest third party before you race. Set the rules ahead of time. Are you going by whos car is faster or who can drive their car faster? (ET vs. ET or is R/T included?). One run, best of three, etc.

Good luck and be safe, take it to the track :nice:

mineralgray2002 said:
yeah thats the only mods i have, i have my lowering springs sittin in my floor right now but no money for c/c plates. I wish i had some gears and a shifter. This kid was completely running his mouth because mommy and daddy bought him a charger r/t and says he can beat me. I dont think he can just because its so heavy.
I'll bet anything that your current exhaust system is actually hurting your power more than helping. And don't worry about not having your lowering springs in. That's another mod that isn't going to do you any favors in a drag race. Don't think just because he's a heavier car that he's automatically going to lose to you. He's got 80hp and 90lbs ft of torque on you....along with a very capable 5-speed auto transmission. It would be a close one, but to be honest I think he's going to get you.

I think your in trouble. They are not slouches. A buddy of mine with a stock 03 GT with a KB 1.7 raced one on the highway. He said he beat the Charger by about 10 cars to about 130mph. They stopped at a gas station and the guy in the Charger started talking trash about how the Mustang needed a blower to beat him. Too bad, boo hoo he got his ass kicked. I can't wait to get a hold of the guy with mine.

four six said:
Charger=:bs: they suck. If you can drive you'll win

My bro raced one in his Mach and didnt need the juice
That's all well and good, but a Mach 1, isn't a GT. Chargers run low-14's/high-13's in the quarter of a mile, just like a GT does. Selling them short and underestimating them is a recipe for a loss.

Make sure he doesn't have twin turbos under the hood like this Hemi-powered Charger R/T:

pic1-2.jpg

Cobra Jet R said:
It also depends what year the charger is, as the current one has quite a bit more power than the last one. .

2005 & 2006 both have the 5.7L hemi. Same horsepower and torque ratings. You must be thinking of the SRT. That has more horsepower and torque. The has a 6.1L. But the Charger was not made for the 2005 model-year. Only the 300 and Magnum were made for 2005.

TweekedGT said:
They stopped at a gas station and the guy in the Charger started talking trash about how the Mustang needed a blower to beat him. Too bad, boo hoo he got his ass kicked.

What a ***got, same old argument from LS1 owners about '03-'04 Kebras. Run what ya brung, isn't that how it goes? :nice:

CatmanJJ said:
Run what ya brung, isn't that how it goes? :nice:
its supposed to, but we live in a time where 17 year olds are getting used 98+ LS1s, 94-04 GTs, SRT-4s, Cobalt SSs, etc. Even if you win by 10 car lenghts, theres always an "if" :notnice:

hey that means nothing. either your car has it or it dont period. i dont care what the car needs to beat you, if it has it your beat. thats the name of the game. tell the charger he needs to step it up and get some mods or he will continue to get his ass handed to him by modded cars.

its all about what car is faster regardless of what is done to them. if one person puts in the time and money to mod and the other doesnt too bad.

theres only one question to ask them when they start crying....."did you lose?" exactly there is not "buts".

as for this race i think you can take if you can really drive. the gt and the chargers run similar times stock. gt can run a better time if you can drive that bad boy. however if you suck ad driving then he will beat you.