StangNet '11 5.0 Notch Project

MRaburn

Founder
Admin Dude
Nov 29, 1999
Auburn, AL
StangNet 'Built to Cruise' Project

For continuous updates, please check this page.

http://www.stangnet.com/2010/02/27/stangnet-built-to-cruise-project/

Here I will try to post as much as I can to keep progress updated. (started April 8th)

StangNet has officially launched our next project. After selling the GT500 project we had we knew we had to do something. We have partnered with Ford Racing and will be building out our 89 Notchback and fitting it with the new 2011 5.0 engine, which is going to be available from Ford Racing later this year. This is going to be a full on restoration with paint, graphics, interior, suspension, and sound system. We will mostly blog our updates and you can read them on the SN homepage, but I will try to keep updated flowing in this thread as well. We have already started to strip the car and are mostly in planning phase, getting together all the parts and pieces we are going to need.

2011 5.0 Engine
TKO500 Tranny
New Ford Racing rear end.
5-lug conversion - This will be detailed in the way we do it, there are so many variations and parts used, to get wheel spacing we want we will mixing and matching year model parts.
5 Lug 03 Cobra Wheels (painted)
Custom Stripe
All new interior and exterior pieces we can find.
Exhaust - This is going to be tricky. The new engine manifolds do NOT use ball socket connections, but flat flanges. There are no current 2011 parts to pull from the modify.
Interior converted to Black Leather
Kicker sound system
... and anything else we can dream up. :)

attachment.php

attachment.php

This is going to be an awesome project. Details to come.

Attachments

• stangnet_50.jpg
    stangnet_50.jpg
    180.6 KB · Views: 2,735
  • snbuilt.jpg
    snbuilt.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 2,482
Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

Well we have an '89 Notch we will be building.

attachment.php

We plan to do the engine conversion to the 5.0 engine.

We will be using a new TKO500 tranny, doing a 5-lug disc conversion, an interior conversion to black and a Kicker stereo setup... and new paint and wheels.

We are also working with Griggs for a suspension setup as we need to use a tubular K-member.

Once we hammer more specs I will post officially.

Cheers
Mike

Attachments

• built.jpg
    built.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 2,638