Dec 5, 2001
TAMPA FL
100_0555.jpg

Attachments

• 100_0555.jpg
    100_0555.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 53
  • Sponsors (?)

I did the same, but didnt use a paint with any kind of gloss. I wanted a nice matte finish, and used Dupont interior dye. Got the flat black and it matches the black in our cars really well. My black parts were faded, so I painted over it as well, but looks really nice, even out in direct sun!

88 Fox GT said:
What kind of paint are you using? Any prep involved?

I used the krylon paint called fusion It said no-prep no priming or sanding but I like to prep my work,first I washed the panels with hot soapy water and let the sun dry them and then I used alcohol just to get any grease off and then I hit the panels with three light coats I even did my seats and carpet but that was with a different paint they look like bran new

manny said:
I used the krylon paint called fusion It said no-prep no priming or sanding but I like to prep my work,first I washed the panels with hot soapy water and let the sun dry them and then I used alcohol just to get any grease off and then I hit the panels with three light coats I even did my seats and carpet but that was with a different paint they look like bran new
A friend of mine just picked up some Krylon Fusion paint as well. He's going to be painting his interior plastic black as well. That's the plan anyway. I was a bit skeptical on the no prep part because we shot the ashtray lid with some and it fisheyed where the little pits are in the surface. I told him to wash all parts that need painted and wipe them down with thinner or something to get any oils off of them. Looks like yours worked pretty well, so I hope his does as well.

iwashmycar said:
what did you paint the seats with? interesting idea.....wonder how durable it is

as for the durablety its very good I used Duplicolor vinyl & fabric now because its a spray the seats and carpet suck it up fast and at first they feel hard but after you take a ride in them they feel just find and the paint dosent come off here is a pic for now its dark but as soon as I get some batterys I'll take a better one
100_0558.jpg

Attachments

• 100_0558.jpg
    100_0558.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 56