Steering Issue

Discussion in '1994 - 1995 Specific Tech' started by josephc79, Jun 13, 2014.

1. josephc79

josephc79 New Member

I need advise I have a 94 GT and the steering wheel is turned clockwise between the 1 and 7 o'clock position and I took it in to have alignment done and with it not much out of adjustment they couldn't fix that they checked the shafts and tried to adjust with no luck could it possibly be a bad rack and pinion?
  2. revhead347

revhead347 I have face herpes.

Not sure what you are saying. Are you saying the steering wheel was not straight when the wheels are straight?

Kurt
  3. josephc79

josephc79 New Member

Correct the steering wheel is rotated clockwise almost like it was removed and put on crooked but correct me if I'm wrong aren't the wheels indexed so they only go on one way?
  4. revhead347

revhead347 I have face herpes.

It can be corrected at the steering steering shaft. There is one bolt that holds the steering shaft onto the steering rack. Remove the bolt, and pull the steering shaft off of the steering rack. Straighten the wheel, then put the steering shaft back on. Finish the adjustments with the tie rod ends to center it perfectly. While you have the steering shaft off, check the condition of the rag joint, and replace if necessary.

Kurt
  5. josephc79

josephc79 New Member

OK I took it to have the alignment done and the tech tried that he said something about the splines not lining up with the shafts and rack