Stereo Works

• Sponsors (?)

Here Is The Head Unit .sonys New Lcd Display Mp3 Cd Cdr Player. Kcker Pre-amp I Mounted In To The Dash. Remotes Sub Control Below Deck .and Aux Power Supply Also Mounted In Dash For Mobile Phone Etc.and Not Shown Stereo Remote Mounts To Ash Tray Cover With A Simple Piece Of Velcro Tape 4 Easy Acces To It .

Cab Prep Before Stereo Install . Cleaned All Surfaces Herculined It As Shown To Deaden Sound N Protect .then Dynamatted The Whole Floor. Made A Huge Difference In Road Noise, Exhaust, And Transmission Noise.

Which sony model did you get and how much was it? I'm looking at getting a new deck and a 4 channel amp (for the f/r speakers, rear infinity 6x9's). I already have an MTX 2 channel amp for the subs (2 MTX 10's). I wasn't going to spend a whole lot of money on the deck/amp (under $4-500 for both). Nothing too fancy, just CD, CD-R/W, MP3, 2 RCA Preouts (1 for subs, 1 for f/r), perhaps remote. What do you recommend? (thoguh I probably should start a new thread, but oh well.

Great looking system.

oboebrian said:
Which sony model did you get and how much was it? I'm looking at getting a new deck and a 4 channel amp (for the f/r speakers, rear infinity 6x9's). I already have an MTX 2 channel amp for the subs (2 MTX 10's). I wasn't going to spend a whole lot of money on the deck/amp (under $4-500 for both). Nothing too fancy, just CD, CD-R/W, MP3, 2 RCA Preouts (1 for subs, 1 for f/r), perhaps remote. What do you recommend? (thoguh I probably should start a new thread, but oh well.

Great looking system.
THE HEAD UNIT IS CDX-M3DI SONY THE F/R AMP IS AN ALPINE MRV F 540 4/3//2/1 CHANNEL

Lol I Didnt Say I Was A Stereo Professional Hehehe. But I Am Good At Fabbin Wood Or Metal . I Still Have To Find The Displacements Req,s For Em .and Ill Custom 2 Individual Boxes For Each .that Take Away As Little Trunk Space As Possible . Probably Make Them Of Oak To Match The Gas Tank Cover I Did.

INDSKYS said:
L7,S --03,S AND THX 4 HELP, I NEED IT I AM ELECTRONICS IDIOT.

Here's the specs for the L5's, they should be the same as last years L7's

Model S10L5
Size (IN., CM) 25.4 8
Impedance (OHMS) 4 DVC 2 DVC
Max Rec Amplifier Power (WATTS PEAK) 900
Max Rec Amplifier Power (WATTS RMS) 450
Sensitivity (dB 1W/1M) 86
Frequency Response (HZ) 24-100
Min Rec Sealed Box Vol (CU. FT., LITERS) .66, 18.7
Max Rec Sealed Box Vol (CU. FT., LITERS) 1.0, 28.3
Min Rec Vented Box Vol* (CU. FT., LITERS) 1.25, 35.4
Max Rec Vented Box Vol* (CU. FT., LITERS) 2.25, 63.8

If you decide to build your own boxe(s), you might want to research what type of material to use and how thick. I'm certainly no expert but I read somewhere that you don't want to use plywood because it flexes and hurts the bass. just a thought.

word man word.........

some boxes need strenght to hold the bass.

MDF is the best.

Thickness varies on the power being pushed.

My friends box is 1 inch thick all the way around. Yeah it's a heavy SOB but that's the only way for it hold up to 4 JL w7 13.5's. Each speaker weights 50 lbs. On top of that the outside of the box was coated with rhyno liner to give it additional strenght.