Straight answer please

Ok, heres the deal, ive gotten like 3 different answers, and while i know that everyone has thier own opinion, i would like to know if someone can give me a straight answer.

I am looking at some Weld in Flowmaster Super 40's.
Its going on an otherwise stock exhaust.

How much will this drone, ive heard its not so bad with stock H-pipe, but then again, ive heard they are horrible no matter what.

I can take a little bit of drone, but nothing that will make my head hurt.

• Sponsors (?)

Everyone's answer will be different, how can someone else know how much is too much drone for you? Find someone in your area who has these mufflers and ask them for a ride so you can decide for yourself. Just a suggestion.

RJS02GT said:
Everyone's answer will be different, how can someone else know how much is too much drone for you? Find someone in your area who has these mufflers and ask them for a ride so you can decide for yourself. Just a suggestion.
Ya your probably right.

But if anyone has anything to say, or add, please i would appreciate it.

I have weld in 40s on my F150... it sounds awesome, however it does drone a bit much for my taste on highways. because of that i will be going with the bassani strait through design for my mustang, and yes its stock exhaust except the muffler on the F150.

Torinalth

MEAN03GT said:
Ok, heres the deal, ive gotten like 3 different answers, and while i know that everyone has thier own opinion, i would like to know if someone can give me a straight answer.

I am looking at some Weld in Flowmaster Super 40's.
Its going on an otherwise stock exhaust.

How much will this drone, ive heard its not so bad with stock H-pipe, but then again, ive heard they are horrible no matter what.

I can take a little bit of drone, but nothing that will make my head hurt.

You won't get at straight answer because the sound of drone is subjective. Too one guy the drone may be "bad", to another person the drone might be "good". In fact that drone is the same.

I hate drone. My '90 GT has drone. I hate it. One of my best friends rides in my car and loves it. Same sound. Two different interpritations of the same sound.

Whoever had my car before me had flows welded in, dont know what series though. There is a pretty bad drone at 3k. Also only has 2 cats. I had to slow down cruising on I20 because it was so loud, and I like the sound of the drone, so that says a lot.

I had an '03 GT with weld in 40 series Flows and stock exhaust otherwise, and it did have some drone when getting on the highway, but wasn't incredibly loud so all I had to do was turn up the stereo if it started to bug me. So, i'll you know it's definitely gonna drone, but it's your opinion whether you hate it or love it.

like said above it depends on what you classify as "drone". some HATE it, such as i. some think its awesome. i hate it because i only like to hear my exhaust if i open my windows which is what i pretty much get with my magnapacks.
iv heard from MANY people that the original 40 series drones like a MOFO. if you've been in a car with alot of drone and you couldnt stand it dont get them get sometihng else.
the guy i bought my car from had flows welded in and he HATED it and switched to a magnaflow side exhaust setup which i then hated and switched again. he dold me that he couldnt stand the drone inside the car when cruising. if you like to actaully listen to music closely dont get them, it will just annoy you.

wannabe2000GT said:
like said above it depends on what you classify as "drone". some HATE it, such as i. some think its awesome. i hate it because i only like to hear my exhaust if i open my windows which is what i pretty much get with my magnapacks.
iv heard from MANY people that the original 40 series drones like a MOFO. if you've been in a car with alot of drone and you couldnt stand it dont get them get sometihng else.
the guy i bought my car from had flows welded in and he HATED it and switched to a magnaflow side exhaust setup which i then hated and switched again. he dold me that he couldnt stand the drone inside the car when cruising. if you like to actaully listen to music closely dont get them, it will just annoy you.
How are those Magnapacks, i talked to the rep at Magnaflow, and he said that they will drone as much as flows...What do you think? are they as bad as the 40's, i hear those magnapacks have a nice growl to them, but i didnt want to spend the extra $$$ if they are going to drone just like the flowmasters.

please shed some light on this for me.

MEAN03GT said:
How are those Magnapacks, i talked to the rep at Magnaflow, and he said that they will drone as much as flows...What do you think? are they as bad as the 40's, i hear those magnapacks have a nice growl to them, but i didnt want to spend the extra $$$ if they are going to drone just like the flowmasters.

please shed some light on this for me.

i got them about a week or so ago and i love them alot. i dont have any problems with them droning at all. no complaints. they sound amazing to. nice deep rumble at idle and they really scream up top. i didnt want to spend a ton of money on exhuast but it being fully stainless steel, the sweet chrome tips that come with it, i coudlnt resist. if you go on http://www.partshopper.com/shop/Magnaflow-Pack-Mustang-V8-Exhaust-m8.html
and order through there it is 459 with free shipping and if you enter the coupon code MAGNACB you get 100 bucks off instantly so you only pay 359 including shipping which is a hell of a deal.

good luck with your decision!