Street Fire vs. Omnispark

OHHitsKB

Jul 5, 2010
Norman, OK
I have two sets of spark plug wires here with me, one I originally bought as a back up. I have a set of cut/crimp MSD Street Fire wires from Advanced Auto Parts and a box of Omnispark Hi-Temp wires. I got the MSD's hoping to use them to get the most out of my Screamin' Demon coil because my Livewires were jacked up. I bought the Omnispark wires in case I can't get the MSD's to work on my '08 v6 and I will just reinstall the stock coil for the time being. The Omnispark wires fit my Screamin Demon though, so I was wondering if they'd be able to handle the hotter spark from the S/D and larger gapped plugs? They are both 8mm wire, but the Omnispark's were about $20 cheaper than the MSD's, so if they WILL work, I could take back the MSD's and get some money back. Does anyone have any experience with either of these wire sets and the Screamin Demon coil? I'm having a friend come over to help me with the MSD's because I don't know how to do the cutting/crimping part, so I don't even know if they'll work yet.

• Sponsors (?)