Stuck on subframe decision?

• Sponsors (?)

ocbaud said:
so, since mine are coming on monday, how much should i expect to pay to get them welded in?

Here is my price run down. Full Length

I spent:

$119 on the Subframes.
+Shipping for Subframes
$10 for Rust Inhibitor Spray Paint from Sherwin Williams
$224 for proper install, (A Must for Convertibles)

So easily that is upwards of $350

I only paid 100 bucks for my install. 250 is ridiculous, convertable or not, in my opinion. Make sure they weld them up on a drive on lift, like most muffler shops use. DO NOT USE A PEDESTAL LIFT.

madmatt said:
I only paid 100 bucks for my install. 250 is ridiculous, convertable or not, in my opinion. Make sure they weld them up on a drive on lift, like most muffler shops use. DO NOT USE A PEDESTAL LIFT.

From what people told me on Stangnet that had had the Full length Subframes welded in, a convertible install was a bit more intensive than the normal non full length.

MMFL-1B.jpg

The Full length has more parts, and they have to weld the tabs to the brackets. Before that they have to remove, and grind down the original convertible braces to ensure that the FLSFCs sit flush.

Granted I went to a reputable shop that probably charges more for their work, but I wanted it done right, because if a muffler shop brazes the job, and fuggs it up your frame will be weakened if they have to remove it or weld it a second time.

Heck, some guy here on SN had his welder buddy weld his FLSFCs while he was present taking numerous photos and it was upwards of 6 hours.

I didn't mind paying more at all. Now I can drive into inclined driveways, over speedbumps, etc. all without the squeaks and rattles I once had.

MM hands down. :hail2:

ocbaud said:
holy ****. i was expecting maybe $100 at the most for install.
welding is an art my friend, I know around $150 is a good price for install, it's not just welding, is about your welder Reading The Instructions, Cleaning The Surfaces Of The Subframe Connectors, and Cleaning The Surfaces Of The Chassis so the welds are not snutted up from dirt/grime