Stud Mount Rocker Conversion

sen2two

I've been lubing and pulling it all morning
Jul 18, 2013
I have a set of GT40P heads with the crane stud mount Rocker conversion. As well as the 1.6 Roller rockers. I've read that I might need different length push rods to correct the valve train geometry.

Anyone here have this same set up and can confirm this?

I am unsure if the cam is stock or something else. I'm betting it's stock just by the sound and absolutely no lope at idle.

I plan to measure everything while it's apart, but if this is common and a certain length Pushrod is normally used. It would save me the head ache ordering it ahead of time, since this is my daily driver. I'm just trying to cut down on down time...

• Sponsors (?)

I've got stud mount heads with adjustable rockers and use stock length push rods no problem...

They are not converted pedestal mount heads though. Mock it up, see what it looks like.

Gotta wonder why one would convert to stud mounted to hers on a set of low level iron heads that were originally designed for pedestal mount rockers? Why not save yourself the headache and just buy pedestal mounted rockers to begin with?

I have a set of GT40P heads with the crane stud mount Rocker conversion. As well as the 1.6 Roller rockers. I've read that I might need different length push rods to correct the valve train geometry.

Anyone here have this same set up and can confirm this?

I am unsure if the cam is stock or something else. I'm betting it's stock just by the sound and absolutely no lope at idle.

I plan to measure everything while it's apart, but if this is common and a certain length Pushrod is normally used. It would save me the head ache ordering it ahead of time, since this is my daily driver. I'm just trying to cut down on down time...
Did you buy the heads this way? I'm curious because there is nothing wrong with pedestal mount rockers for our cars unless you plan on revving to the moon :scratch: Either way, you should get a push rod length measuring tool and measure. That's what I did.

In my case I went with them because of ripping the pedestal bolt out of my aluminum head. Over revving? Yes. Chance of happening again? Yes. This is why I made my decision.

Reactions: 1 users
I have them because they came on a set of gt40 heads I got through a trade. I sold those heads bare and swapped all the upgraded parts to my P heads.

I have the push rod length tool and plan to check for sure. But I wanted to see if this was common and if there was a known length to buy ahead of time. The car is my daily driver and I can't afford to have extended down times.

On a side note, where would one get a set of pushrods? If I need a specific length, what's the estimate route to go while still staying cost effective?

I have them because they came on a set of gt40 heads I got through a trade. I sold those heads bare and swapped all the upgraded parts to my P heads.

I have the push rod length tool and plan to check for sure. But I wanted to see if this was common and if there was a known length to buy ahead of time. The car is my daily driver and I can't afford to have extended down times.

On a side note, where would one get a set of pushrods? If I need a specific length, what's the estimate route to go while still staying cost effective?
I bought Trickflow one piece PR's through Summit. Lots of different sizes.

Reactions: 1 user
I just checked the Crane website and they list the heads/motors that will need a different length push rod. Otherwise standard pushrods will be able to be used.

So I should be in the clear. This would be best if I want to drive to work Monday morning. Lol...

I have no clue if the cam is stock not... the car is 25 years old and had a few things done to it. So I'll be checking the rocker geometry for sure.

I've beverage done it before. But their are some really good videos out there. Dosn't look too complicated.