stumped....

• Sponsors (?)

Torinalth said:
thats your solution to everything WFO. still like the solution though.

i think mity2 is right... i really think something in the ECU is wrong for the tranny... wether the tune shop horked something or its just not right from the factory or even possibly the previous owner... i think a good amount could be fixed with a tuner/tune shop that will work on the shift points of the tranny.

but, thats why i dont like automatics... manuals are easier to work with in my opinion :)

Torinalth

Oh thanks for refreshing my memory on this one....When i had the car in the tune shop to get dyno tuned, the guy was in a hurry.....ended up pulling my chip while the key was in the run position....ended up frying my ECU and they had to replace it.......YA so since the begining this car has had no luck

Honestly, I don't know a great deal about automatic transmission calibration, but if youre trans is shifting differently in the same gear at different loads, it seems to me that there must be some type of cal issue. I mean, if the trans cal was as simple as just telling the transmission to shift at certain rpm, then there would be no need for a re-flash when you supercharger it ya know? Load, speed, throttle position...they all must be involved in some way.

It sounds like the guys at the shop you took it to for the initial tune weren't too 'with it'...I'd find someone in your area with a supercharged automatic and ask where he got his tune - find someone that people have had good experiences with - and go there. But beforehand, get the fuel delivery straightened out - some places won't even tune a car that doesnt have the proper hardware. Get yourself a 255lph or greater fuel pump (VMP offers a supposed 310lph, which is rumored to actually just be the Focus pump, and I know people who its worked for) and some 42lb injectors and see what happens.

Also, what exactly do you mean when you say 'surging'? Does the car kind of 'buck'?? I had that problem when I supercharged my Bullitt powertrain - the car would jolt on coast-down at low rpm. We initially thought it was a tuning issue, but eventually found out that the bypass valve from procharger was fluttering and the PCM didn't know what to do with the non-constant air flow. Not sure if anything like that is happening to you, but I thought it was worth throwing out there since you mentioned Procharger...

Obviously, I'm no expert, but I hope that helps!

Keep us updated - and good luck!!

I did put the SVT focus pump in the car, and it does have 42lb injectors.

"surging"....around 30 it sometimes starts to surge or stutter...car kinda feels like its shaking, but thats the least of my concerns right now

My major concerns...2500 rpms at 70 mph (which i have seen it lower at times, acts like it doesnt want to shift)

Car is stalling when put in park....but not when in drive

WOT from 40 mph up to 70, car downshifts and takes off...once it hits 70 it either acts like it bounces off rev limiter, or shifts and dogs out (very little power)

Maybe I missed it, but do you have a Fuel Pressure Guage?? This may help determine if your pump is surging, or if it's getting a flaky signal...

I'm not sure about this, but what about the TPS?? Doesn't the Auto rely more on the TPS for the Kick-down sensor??

JT

GodAmGT00 said:
Maybe I missed it, but do you have a Fuel Pressure Guage?? This may help determine if your pump is surging, or if it's getting a flaky signal...

I'm not sure about this, but what about the TPS?? Doesn't the Auto rely more on the TPS for the Kick-down sensor??

JT

I dont have a fuel pressure gauge....all i have is a worthless air fuel gauge

I don't think its a TPS issue since the tranny does kick down...feels more like an overdrive or fuel issue

its reading any where from 39-42 psi through the obdII port...well atleast i think thats the port...i'm kinda clueless with the mustangs. Tune shop had it hooked up to the port under the steering wheel.