Stupid Garage

scupking

Sep 18, 2005
Enfield, CT
Well, I dropped my car off yesterday at the local garage down the street to get my MRT- catted H installed. I get a call today at 12:30 saying that he had bad news and he can't install the H. I asked why. He said it is not legal to put a pipe on with less then the number of cats that came with the car. I said it was legal as long as the car has at least one cat per side. He said, well I don't want to chance us getting fined. He said the H is a performance part and they will not install it. So I went and picked up my car. I will call around tomorrow to see if I can find a place to install it. I might try my uncle’s friends place; he owns a muscle car restore shop so I’m sure he would install it. If not, I will try it myself but I have nothing to lift my car with.

• Sponsors (?)

javsvt said:
Go to a midas, they installed mine. No questions asked. I am in NY, so maybe you could find one down here. Or try it yourself, not tough, but alot easier with a lift. Good luck.

We have a midas in town. How long did it take them to install the pipe? As I said in my earlier post I will probably have my uncles best friend who owns this place http://www.labrecqueautocraft.com/ install it for me. He’s a cool guy and will probably do it for half the coast of most places. My girlfriend likes the sound of my car now can't wait to pull up to her house with the new H :D

it is a 10,000 dollar fine for the shop and for you if you got caught with altered cats and they enforced the law. It is a Federal law not local so thats what scared them. Most speed shops don't care and will install it...or muffler shops.