Stupid Question: 96-98 Tailights in 94-95 GT?

I know on my car I tried to eliminate all of the orange, and hence I put on the clear corners. I'd rather have my stock tailights on then the export tailights. In my opinion, they are ugly. No offense to anyone with different tastes. :D

• Sponsors (?)

TrueBlue95GT said:
I know on my car I tried to eliminate all of the orange, and hence I put on the clear corners. I'd rather have my stock tailights on then the export tailights. In my opinion, they are ugly. No offense to anyone with different tastes. :D

Does anybody have some pictures of these export taillights? I've never seen them before.

I LOVE the horizontal taillights, I think they look better with the SN95 body style, and I really think they make the rear look wider. I just love em. When I see an SN95 GT, I instantly look at the taillights to get an idea of what year it is.

I have 96 style tailamps on my 94 cobra and I simply went to a salvage yard and bought a pair of harnesses from a 96 and they plug right in with no modifications. Don't be fooled by people trying to sale you harnesses really expensive simply go to your local salvage yard and pick them up for about 10.00 dollars.

Horizontals 4 life. :D Gotta agree with everyone else that says it makes the car look wider, which we all know is better.
rear_002.jpg

I don't think it really matters what the taillights are. 95% of people don't know it is a 5.0 anyways. I have "5 . 0" on my license plate and every time i talk to someone "Is that a 4.6?"

:confused:

Kevin R. said:
I don't think it really matters what the taillights are. 95% of people don't know it is a 5.0 anyways. I have "5 . 0" on my license plate and every time i talk to someone "Is that a 4.6?"

:confused:
This is very true. People have thrown the :bs: flag on me when I tell them my car is a 5.0
Then there's the people that think ford is still putting 5.0's in Mustangs.

sn95stangman said:
This is very true. People have thrown the :bs: flag on me when I tell them my car is a 5.0
Then there's the people that think ford is still putting 5.0's in Mustangs.

Agreed, I get that too.

Them: "That's a nice 4.6"

Me: "Eat my @$$"

A guy in town picked up a Saleen Replica last night, had verticals on it, I thought i was a 4.6, it even had an S281 badge on it...but sure enough, a good old 5 litre powerplant under the hood.... :shrug:

I've debated this myself for quite a while. To go verticle or not to go verticle. That is the question. The answer? Paint the stock bezels black and call it a day. I have started leaning more and more lately to keeping my stock tails and just painting them black. Especially with my color I think its the best option. But to each his own.

My suggestion if you do go verticle. Try and find the adapters on ebay or from a wrecking yard cause I could only find them for $50 each brand new. Maybe I didnt seach enough but still thats a lot of money on top of the price of new lights.

I think you have to go with what you like.... A previous owner changed mine, didn't even notice untill I had the thing a month, now I am used to them, and think they look fine. and, just because you vave '94-95 taillights, doesn't mean you have a "5.0" anymore than the others mean you a 4.6. they could all be a 3.8...lol