Progress Thread Stykthyn Tries It Again

• Sponsors (?)

@hoopty5.0
How did you clear 17X9 wheels with coil overs? Does the UPR Kmember help with the clearance? I called UPR and asked if their coil over conversion kit would work with my factory Kmember and 17x9 wheels and they said NO! Any insight?
I've run 18x9s as well. The K member wont help anything as it uses all the same mounting points. Im running SN A-arms, but again, I dont think that affects anything. I have plenty of clearance. Maybe its a 17x8 wheel?

These were the 18x9s on the original hoopty. you can see it was close, but I had to move the nut up anyway for more ride height.

228268_10100893055716064_1919867_n.jpg

Well I just sent mm a list of my current parts and will see what they say. Just reading across forums like corral and corner carvers it looks like the shorter 8-10" springs put the collar above the wheel and avoid contact. Will see what the pros suggest.

The 10" and shorter are about 300# and higher spring rates and are for "corner carvers" which will make your car not street friendly. That's a track only spring. Only 12"-14" springs are for street in the 200-250# spring rate.

Reactions: 1 user
@hoopty5.0
Thanks for the picks. I have the 03' cobra reps 17x9 with 255's and I love these wheels but I want coil overs because I hate r&r'ing springs and I want adjustable height. I'm in a pickle.
Agreed. You and I are in the same boat with this one. I have 17x9 fr500s up front. I'm hoping the sn length arms will be the golden ticket here.

I'm not 100% sure if I have 17x9 or 17x8 Cobra r's on mine(wheels cam with car). I do have 245/45 17 tires on it and they clear. Mines still stock 4 lug with UPR bumpsteer kit and mm c&c plates and coilovers. Not sure if any of that matters/helps. 255's would surely rub though IMO

Agreed. You and I are in the same boat with this one. I have 17x9 fr500s up front. I'm hoping the sn length arms will be the golden ticket here.

I'm curious now.. I have 18x9 up front with konis and eibach coilsprings. Wanted to go coilovers but thought it wasn't doable. Will be interested how to pull it off and have a nice riding car..

No, Im running 300# over my KYB's handling and ride is awesome.

MM reverse offset 94/95 spindle and MM K

17x8 SSC and comp 2 245/45

Zero rattle etc

200# is for a track car as it allows weight to shift to rear is what I understand... Cant recall length but I think 12", Longer and you get too long a spring and it "curves" on compression...

Last edited: