Sub-Frame install

• Sponsors (?)

Had the subs installed yesterday :nice:

Quite a difference in the whole feel of the car... Cornering is more solid. I now have not as much fear of bumps, rail road tracks, etc.

Well worth the total of $300

Can't wait to get the Bullit Kit on (when my new house gets built w/ 3 car garage :D )

I'll be set for another 10 years :D

My were welded with just a regular welder. Went in fine although my mechanic said the "flooring area" was too thin to weld and wouldn't make a difference anyway. So he welded it to the heavy parts of the car where the stronger metal of th actual subframes are. Could be why I don't notice a difference in handling but I am doubting welding to the floor pans is an great place of strength. :shrug:

Looks great and good long welds. He did not weld it with the wheels on the ramps per a recommendation of his long time Mustang owner/racer friends. The car actually sits better (like the gaps are perfect again, like new)and the doors don't sag in the least. and shut better than b4.

In terms of handling I feel no difference what-so-ever and bumps feel no different to me. Launch seems grippier better though. Other than that I notice absolutely no difference other than the piece of mind that my car aint gonna need a face-lift any time soon. :)

p.s. Obviously I am driving a vert but it has always felt solid to me. It came with a one piece cross bar in front underneath and another heavy looking more elaborate subframe partially welded just in the front right underneath the cheaper looking one.

WHITE94COBRA said:
You got them welded on without a load on the wheels??? Its not a good idea to have the wheels in the air when installing. Go to the Maximum motorsports website and read about subframes and why not to do it this way.

I have read a lot of stuff on the net about it since these posts and would have a greed with you. However, I have a lot of confidence in this guy and his knowledge also so I said go for it.

Again, he had talked to a few Mustang owners/mechanics in the area and one that lives for stangs. All I can say is the guy has 20 years experience at least and he said it don't matter as long as it sits a certain way. So I didn't ask questions.

In my experience, I couldn't be more satisfied with the car. There are more variables involved too considering the number of monkeywrenchers out there that don't have a clue. I just know mine turned out just fine. That's not to say someone elses would. I usually go on the safe side myself.

All that really matters is that you are satisfied. I had mine installed under a load and I did feel a huge difference. See we learn something new everyday!! I would be very interested to hear why he does them this way?? Could you ask him to possibly write something on it?? I'm very very curious.

Pokageek said:
My were welded with just a regular welder. Went in fine although my mechanic said the "flooring area" was too thin to weld and wouldn't make a difference anyway. So he welded it to the heavy parts of the car where the stronger metal of th actual subframes are. Could be why I don't notice a difference in handling but I am doubting welding to the floor pans is an great place of strength. :shrug:

Looks great and good long welds. He did not weld it with the wheels on the ramps per a recommendation of his long time Mustang owner/racer friends. The car actually sits better (like the gaps are perfect again, like new)and the doors don't sag in the least. and shut better than b4.

In terms of handling I feel no difference what-so-ever and bumps feel no different to me. Launch seems grippier better though. Other than that I notice absolutely no difference other than the piece of mind that my car aint gonna need a face-lift any time soon. :)

p.s. Obviously I am driving a vert but it has always felt solid to me. It came with a one piece cross bar in front underneath and another heavy looking more elaborate subframe partially welded just in the front right underneath the cheaper looking one.

i too am interested. i think i tweaked my drivers door a little and would like to know exactly what ur talking about. it also kinda sounds like you already had some strengthening under there
It came with a one piece cross bar in front underneath and another heavy looking more elaborate subframe partially welded just in the front right underneath the cheaper looking one.
a picture would solve confusion though :)

Two things, number one, I haven't been able to get him. He just had a second heart attack. Also, on my vert, I didn't have any problems with rattles and squeaks and it didn't feel loose to begin with. So far this has been a pretty tight car. Only thing that got on my nerves was the plastic around the shifter making noise when I shifted. I fixed that with some of that "great stuff" foam. No more noise.