Sub in a fox body: coupe

SILENTCARL

Feb 15, 2007
Wow, I am having a hard time figuring out how to do this.

I have a few ideas.

1. Custom enclosure where spare tire goes.
-bad because no spare
-good because there is plenty of room

2. Custom bottom firing enclosure fitted against the front of the trunk (right behind rear seats.
-bad because no room. About 9" of clearance to the trunk torsion springs. One tight fit.
-good because safer for sub and more usable space in trunk.

Any one else have ideas, or pics of their set-ups?

Thanks,

Carl

BTW: This is a JL Audio 12w3v2-d4, So it's a big sub, and it takes up a lot of space.

• Sponsors (?)

I've got two ten inch jl's in my tire well. Whens the last time you used your spare tire??? Never for me. I also use to have two tens tight to the back seat the box was in an L shape. I still have the box if you were in md you could have it. I think your going to have to do the tire well.

i have seen alot of ppl safly and nicly put the sub in the spare wheel weld, but if your a bad drive and like to hit curbs, that would be a bad idea. my cousin in her 96 gt wanted to take the spare out, but we convinced her otherwise becasue she likes the curb, but it just depends on how you drive, and you can get lots of room with it in the spare, set it lower and put a pice of strong plexy or wood, with lots of holes drilled in it, that you can place on top if you carry stuff.

I have a 12" Polk/MOMO sub in my spare tire wheel well. However, I've also eliminated my torsion bar springs and added a TrunkLIFT kit to enable me to do something different this summer.

Pics here......http://public.fotki.com/bottlfed
that came out nice.But i think when I do mine(whenever that is) im going to make a flase floor about 2-3" highers to flush mount the amps on the sides and also mount the sub below the floor so i can still have some surface area to put stuff on(maybe a space saver spare for trips??)

You can always get AAA. Towing 3 times a year for free or something like that. I bought it for $99 a year, then took my spare out. If it ever goes flat i'll tow my car to a tire shop or home to put the spare on.

Only down side is if you're on a time schedule and need to be @ work or something.