summit H-pipe?

• Sponsors (?)

I bought a jegs H pipe for a 94-95 Mustang. It fits like crap! All H pipes are not equal!!! This one hits the tranny crossmember and makes the car vibrate. There was a whole thread on here about them. Search for jegs h pipe.

Ive got the o/r Summit h-pipe. It was a tight fit but mainly cause i put the mufflers in a different spot then they had been. The only problem i had was the idle when i tried to start the car right after they were on. I had to fiddle with it to get her to idle stedy but like 2 minutes of work.

I have a jegs unit also, and it is a piece-o-s#*!. Buy a quality unit such as mac or bbk. Fit is too important. I had to torch mine in two places to get it off the trans crossmember on the drivers side.

I put one on for a friend, no problems. The exhaust seemed to go in one end and out the other, without stopping or leaking out.. so all seems good...lol No idle problems that I have noticed when we were out driving, been about 6 months... It does use a pipe clamp at the "H", I would be sure you had the header bolts tight, and the pipes where you want them before you tighten that down, I suspect once you crimp it there with the clamp, would not be easy to adjust.