Summit Racing Wheels

Any opinions on them yet...I was planning to get Draglites soon but the Summit Racing ones are pretty cheap. Wonder how the quality is :rolleyes: . My only issue is that I wanted to get 15x9 for the rears but they only make a 15x8. 15x9 would have been a tight squeeze anyway with 275/50s right?

• Sponsors (?)

Summit doesnt make thier own wheels, just like alot of the products they have thier name on. They probably had Weld make them for them, and are selling them under the summit name on the cheap. Trickflow does the same thing with thier pistons and roller rockers.

I live 20 minutes from the Summit Racing in Ohio - I was considering these rims too, and as mentioned, they do not come in the 5.5" BS. From seeing them in person, and next to a true Weld Draglite, they do not have as good a surface finish. It looks like a dull Aluminum compared to the Weld version.

Also, in response to FarBeyondDriven - Summit Racing OWNS Trickflow. Their stores are right down the road from each other. I know Trickflow makes a lot of their stuff, but I know a lot is also outsourced to anyone who will do it cheap.

Also, in response to FarBeyondDriven - Summit Racing OWNS Trickflow. Their stores are right down the road from each other. I know Trickflow makes a lot of their stuff, but I know a lot is also outsourced to anyone who will do it cheap.

Yeah man, im aware :D ... pull out of summit, make a right, get on the on ramp, and trickflow is just up on the left side... i graduated from field high school in suffield in 1995.. worked at summit in the warehouse for 2 years before they added on all the additions. A bunch of us that worked up there used to take our cars to the k-mart parking lot in tallmadge just to hang out. Joined the air force and went straight from summit to down here to louisiana... if i ever go back to ohio, ill get my job back up there. Actually i was there when they got thier first phone toll free phone number. The owner (paul sergi) had a cake made with the new 1-800 number and the summit logo on it, then brought it to all the warehouse employees. Was on the summit softball team.. Got to ride in the quadra-deuce before one of the super summits kicked off (employee incentive rides)... i do miss that place.

What i was trying to tell dude was that just because it had summits name on it doesnt mean that its automatically cheap. And trickflow does make thier own parts, but some things they buy and anodize a different color and put the TFS stamp on there. The same hold true for thier forged pistons.. they say trickflow on them, but flip them over ad youll see that they are made by Arias.

I have these rims and will get some pics for you as soon as I get home. Right now I'm trapped at work.

I purchased them for slicks for my baby, a (71 dodge dart). 15x8 in the back and 15x4 for the fronts.

The rims seems to be good quality, only problem is they are going like hotcakes and they are all back ordered for months. I'm still waiting on a set that I purchased for the mustangs slicks back in October. Not really in a hurry to get them, since it's winter, and cars won't be coming out till Mayish.

They say the rimms should be coming in middle of January, That will make it a 3month wait. And I'm shure this shipment are all spoken for.

I'm not sure but i think this has to do with Weld Racing going out of business and being bought up by Amercian Racing. I'm just glad i got mine before they go and screw with the design or something.