Surges, Detonates.

Foxybody95

Sep 14, 2015
Hey guys Chris again,
Its been a while since I posted on here because my car has actually been running really good! I got to drive it the whole summer with no issues. However a couple days ago ended that streak. My car started surging at idle and dying again and I noticed a huge loss of power. The exhaust very weird much more rasp than before I think its caused by detonation but I'm not sure. It started as an intermittent problem for the first two days but then became constant. I replaced my tfi thinking that was the problem with an very expensive motorcraft one and it didnt change anything I even borrowed a friends tfi that I know works well with no improvement. Disconnecting my msd box seems to make it slightly worse so I really have a feeling its ignition related maybe a pip sensor? I limped the thing 5 hours on the highway to my college and it never quit just runs like crap and I need it to get me to class next week so I'd really appreciate any input you guys might have. Thanks for your time.

• Sponsors (?)

Don't guess, diagnose!

Dump codes sticky

Look at the top of the 5.0 Tech forum where the sticky threads are posted. One of them is how to dump the computer codes. Codes may be present even if the CEL (Check Engine Light) isn’t on. You don’t need a code reader or scanner – all you need is a paper clip, or if your lady friend has a hair pin, that will do the job.
I highly suggest that you read it and follow the instructions to dump the codes. http://www.stangnet.com/mustang-forums/threads/how-to-pull-codes-from-eec4.889006/

I have a scan tool and it doesnt show any codes just the code 11
Don't guess, diagnose!

Dump codes sticky

Look at the top of the 5.0 Tech forum where the sticky threads are posted. One of them is how to dump the computer codes. Codes may be present even if the CEL (Check Engine Light) isn’t on. You don’t need a code reader or scanner – all you need is a paper clip, or if your lady friend has a hair pin, that will do the job.
I highly suggest that you read it and follow the instructions to dump the codes. http://www.stangnet.com/mustang-forums/threads/how-to-pull-codes-from-eec4.889006/

Yes there are none
No code 11 (two flashes when the computer dumps the codes)? A perfectly functioning system will always get a code 11, it is the everything is OK code. The 11 code is computer passed its internal self test.
If you don't get an 11, you have computer or wiring problems.
Please check and repost.