Suspension writeup

StangYellow

Founding Member
Sep 11, 2002
Recently had rattling issues with the car so i went out and splurged on suspension equipment. I got MM adjustable rear lower arms, rear shock tower brace, polyurethane coil isolators (front and rear), Polyurethane swaybarlinks & bushings, along with poly strut tower bushings. ALL the rattles were eliminated, the car that was once lowered with sportline springs now has a good 3inch fenderwell gap......do NOT reccomend the front isolators. The bottom piece that wraps around the coil is much thicker than stock, thats probably what raised the car. The rear of the car feels a tad different on the highway and good size bumps. Sometimes you feel the solid axle "step out" and it seems to be eliminated. I hit the same series of bumps on the highway when i drive to work. But handling is not any better. My main reason for getting the adjustable lowers was to eliminate the tire rub on the RR tire. The car's fender gap increased, no longer rubbing the 295/35/18's. Traction cannot be tested since i have stock tires on asphalt. Im sure it does well with slicks on the strip.

If anyone has knocking sounds from their strut towers....definately BUY replacement poly bushings. Mine were from Energy Suspension. Car sounds like its brand new again.

Just an FYI for anyone with suspension questions. Stay away from front polyurethane isolators on lowered cars....it un-lowers your car! Looks like more beers, more jackstands and more wasted time for me.

• Sponsors (?)