Suspension ****

Kornnut

Founding Member
Nov 25, 2000
Tulsa
Placed an order to MM last week during the deal of the day. Got it all in today. Little bit more left to buy but it's getting there.

My helper the Samurai walking on top of the boxes.
PB300001.jpg

T/A
PB300002.jpg

PHB
PB300004.jpg

Adjustable LCAs and K member brace
PB300003.jpg

The meat of the order. Stickers and key chain.
View attachment 202911

• Sponsors (?)

I have those same arms, and wish I'd never have done them. My car's WAY too much of a daily driver for them. The big issue I have with them is the fact that any movement at all in the car makes the bushings on the arms squeak like hell.

Your car's going to be a completely different beast after all of that gets installed though! Do you have any subframe connectors on?

Nice! But why adj lca's?

Got a few reason but they all relate to adjustability.

kitteh make bad suspension!

Seriously though, I'm in the process of suspension upgrades and jesus that stuff can get expensive. Gratz to ya :nice:

$1600 bucks right there. Been saving all year pretty much for it. Kinda like an xmas present to myself. Before I moved cross country I was getting into auto-x, but the car was set up for drag racing(very poorly and poor driver). Anything truely geared towards handling is way more expensive.

I have those same arms, and wish I'd never have done them. My car's WAY too much of a daily driver for them. The big issue I have with them is the fact that any movement at all in the car makes the bushings on the arms squeak like hell.

Your car's going to be a completely different beast after all of that gets installed though! Do you have any subframe connectors on?

I got sub frames sitting in my garage as well. The plan was for it to be a totally different car. As far as the bushings my car has never been a daily. That coupled with the LT's/off road midpipe/SLP LM1 exhaust I doubt it will bother me.

Why the hate on adjustable control arms? I put UPR single adjustable lowers and double adjustable uppers with Spherical bushings in my DD. By far the best upgrade I've done.

They transmit more NHV and sometimes that can be a problem. For me it's really not.

I seem to remember you have a steeda k-member already. You are going to have a sweet suspension setup. :drool:

I hope so. My next big purchase will be some MM bilsteins. I also need to pick up some T/A springs for the rear and find a set of H&R race for up front. I also want a set of cobra front control arms. It's all a big $$$$$ racket lol.

Thanks everyone else.

Why the hate on adjustable control arms? I put UPR single adjustable lowers and double adjustable uppers with Spherical bushings in my DD. By far the best upgrade I've done.

Don't get me wrong, I love everything else about those arms. The VERY noticeable improvement in traction, the ability to slam it lower, or raise it up for slicks, etc. I just hate it when I'm pulling out of a parking spot when my locker decides to stay engaged, and the tires scrub the ground a bit, causing the control arms to chirp like a nest of baby birds. I'm always paranoid about non car enthusiasts looking at my car like it's a cheap piece of crap because of all the noise it makes.

I wouldn't worry about doing the cobra front LCA's they won't really give you anything as far as handling. I would just save a little bit more and get MM FLCA's. They are a much better bang for the buck.

I wouldn't worry about doing the cobra front LCA's they won't really give you anything as far as handling. I would just save a little bit more and get MM FLCA's. They are a much better bang for the buck.

Yeah, I was reading up on them tonight and I think I will pass.

Speed Concepts - M-3075-D - Ford Racing 2003-2004 Cobra Front Lower Control Arms Kit for all 1994-2004 Mustang GT/V6/Bullitt/Mach1/Cobra

The kit features (2) front lower control arm assemblies with 50% stiffer rear bushings and low friction ball joints.
● These control arms have a redesigned stamping to improve the turning circle approximately 10% on 1994-1998 Mustangs.

I have a 99+ and can fix the ball joints and bushings with what I already got. The MM is a nice piece but I don't want to go coil over so that rules them out. Also I like a little heft up there. Not looking to break any records here. Just a fun car.