Drivetrain T-45 Removal Tips

maks3031

Mar 15, 2014
Good afternoon,

I am in the process of removing a t-45 transmission from my 1996 GT for a clutch replacement. I have the transmission pulled back but the input shaft needs to go back about 3/4 of an inch to clear the clutch pressure plate. The bellhousing is hitting on the driver side. I wanted to see if any of you know any tricks to get it back any further. Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

Have you loosened the motor mounts bolts passing through the K-member?

Have you supported the Motor?

Sometimes what will happen is broken motor mounts will allow the motor to sag inside the K-member. Loosing the motor mount bolt will allow the motor to rotate within the K-member. By supporting the motor, it will be higher in the K-member. This should give the extra clearance to separate the transmission.

"wmburns, post: 8809264, I endedember: 152830"]Have you loosened the motor mounts bolts passing through the K-member?

Sometimes what will happen is broken motor mounts will allow the motor to sag inside the K-member. Loosing the motor mount bolt will allow the motor to rotate within the K-member. By supporting the motor, it will be higher in the K-member. This should give the extra clearance to separate the transmission.[/quote]

thanks
Have you loosened the motor mounts bolts passing through the K-member?

Sometimes what will happen is broken motor mounts will allow the motor to sag inside the K-member. Loosing the motor mount bolt will allow the motor to rotate within the K-member. By supporting the motor, it will be higher in the K-member. This should give the extra clearance to separate the transmission.

Thanks for the advise. I ended supporting the engine and used a bigrr crowbar and she separated. the throwout bearing is trashed like I thought. Thanks again.

Attachments

• IMG_20140316_155938_163.jpg
    IMG_20140316_155938_163.jpg
    819.7 KB · Views: 142