T-Bird 5.0 Info Please

realtripp

Mar 1, 2003
Ft. Madison, IA
Here I am in the land that 5.0 built.

I picked up a Thunderbird today very cheaply ($100) and I now own a car with a V8 again.

It is a 91 with a 5.0 HO engine in it and I have tried to find a site equivalent to Stangnet for it without any success. If anyone here could direct me to a good site I would appreciate it.

Does anyone know about the similarities between this engine and the Mustang 5.0? I see a MAF and other such components but I am wondering about the block (does mine have a roller cam and forged pistons like a 91 Stang) and interchangability of performance components.

Thanks for any info

• Sponsors (?)

91-93 t-birds and cougars did get a 5.0 HO. It's the 94-95 style SN95 5.0 engine with the shorter intake and angled neck and accessory setup. The camshaft used was also used on the 93-95 CObras.

The chassis is the MN12 though, so not really anything like a Mustang.

www.tccoa.com is a great website

v8only said:
I was under the impression that the tbirds didn't get the HO motors, are you sure it's a hO motor?

I will take a few pics tonight and try to get them posted. I have seen the MAF HO engines before and the FI non-HO engines (1990 Crown Vic Wagon) and this looks more like a HO setup.