t-tops stangs

hsean

10 Year Member
Jul 24, 2006
dearborn,michigan
it seems like stangnet has alot of members with 87-88 stangs with t-tops i .i was wondering if anyone actually got a number of how many were built for those last 2 years .i have an 88gt which supposedly is rare and the last year i've heard that they may have made some in 89 anybody have any idea? i ran the vin one time and nowhere on there did it say t-top.i know that cars and concepts did the conversion as well as the verts.

• Sponsors (?)

Nobody has exact numbers, to my knowledge. '88 was the last year I've seen or heard tell that had a T-roof, and those were few. A keeper, to be sure. What I really want to see is a T-topped aeronose notch - that would really be something.

The VIN doesn't contain a reference to the T-roof; as far as body, it only specifies vert/coupe/hatch.

i actually saw one in a junkyard in beirut,lebanon just this past summer a white one the body looked to be in great condition .when i stopped the next day to ask about the guy obviously did not know what i was talking about he said the car was now at his brothers junkyard. being lebanon is montainnous terrain i could not see the car and thought that indeed it was gone.the very next day when i drove by it was still sitting in the same place.i was going to buy it and restore and keep it there but come to find out i would have to pay licensing fees every year whether it was running or not. decided against the idea but i did want to save that car but would have been too expensive to have it shipped back over here.i would find out how much that junkyard wants for that car i am sure someone here would go there and buy it if it is in florida thats too far for me i am in michigan and have 2 cars that i am trying to restore. they will be worth some money down the road there arn't too many around. i have only seen 2 t-top stangs on the road and the first being the white one i saw 18 years ago and the second that i just bought 5 months ago. never have seen a notch with t-tops except for photos.

I am the proud owner of an 88 GT with TTops. Full custom paint and soon to be vortech supercharged. Not even close to stock but the VIN/Body says it all.

I bought the car for 800 bucks with just a catback exhaust. :banana:

At any rate- I will likely never get rid of her but if the day comes Im sure she will fetch a pretty penny.

Nobody has exact numbers, to my knowledge. '88 was the last year I've seen or heard tell that had a T-roof, and those were few. A keeper, to be sure. What I really want to see is a T-topped aeronose notch - that would really be something.

The VIN doesn't contain a reference to the T-roof; as far as body, it only specifies vert/coupe/hatch.

As you requested...

687968_24_full.jpg

687968_84_full.jpg

687968_88_full.jpg

you make me sick i have a friend of mine that owns a bodyshop and they know how to do t-tops somewhere down the road i may have to pick up a notch and have him cut the roof .but of course i would not sell my t-top hatch.did yours come from the factory that way or did you upgrade a four eyed? beautiful non the less

you make me sick i have a friend of mine that owns a bodyshop and they know how to do t-tops somewhere down the road i may have to pick up a notch and have him cut the roof .but of course i would not sell my t-top hatch.did yours come from the factory that way or did you upgrade a four eyed? beautiful non the less

Its an early 88, dealer ordered with no options and sent out to the place the factory sent them to get cut. Rumour is they did around 9 or 10 coupes in 87-88 I've only seen one other 88 T-Top coupe here.

cars and concepts based out of brighton,michigan did the conversion i know because i have been there once with a friend of mine like 18 years ago. i am just disappointed that nowhere on the title does it say that it is a t-top car so anyone can actually do this conversion or swap vins off a totalled one.

i saw an orange 86 gt parked in the parking lot of the mustang car show in livonia ,michigan that really stood out this past summer .the hood was only an inch high was really sharp moldings and trim was all painted.belong to anyone in this forum?