T5 to AODE swap

AznStanger3v

Aug 11, 2003
Northern VA
Yes, you read that correctly. What all is needed? I'm selling the car and this woman wants it badly. Shes willing to pay a LOT if i put the AODE in it. What is needed? Im thinking: Trans, tc, shifter, pcm, radiator. Ill leave those pedals in :rlaugh: what else am i looking at here?

• Sponsors (?)

I ordered a Black 2006 Mustang GT today. 5 speed, and as deluxe as it gets. My dad turned his 2005 GT into our show car, and now its time to start my own. The fast thing was fun as all hell, but i want a show car to drive around. Ill do minor stuff to it, but thats it.

OMG i thought no one else would ever do this swap but me, IMHO dont do it because theres extensive modifications needed on the trans tunel to make the shifter work, when i did one i finished it all and when i go to put the shifter in the things like 20 ft in the air lol, anyways everything is straight forward, but you will need a computer, tranny harness, auto d/s (because of balancer) everything is easy but the shifter thing and oh the tranny lines are pretty fun too, i dropped the k-member to fish them in. if you have q's ask away.

as for parts:
tranny
shifter
tranny lines
pcm
tranny harness
torque converter
flexplate
remove pilot bearing
auto d/s
auto flexplate bolts
pedals
lots of rags
music
and you are going to have to figure out a way to connect the shifter lock mechanism (i didnt hook it up)