T5 Transmission Whine

Like the title says, it's whining in all five forward gears. I thought it was the rear end, but when I got my son to listen to it while we sat it up on jack stands, it's definately coming from the tranny. The pitch stays pretty constant with road speed (loudest between 25 to 50 mph) no matter what gear it's in. It's the original tranny with over 250,000 miles, it's my daily driver and I'm hoping I can save the trans until I'm ready to upgrade to more power and a stronger transmission in the future. I've done several searches but very few mention whining in all 5 speeds. I'm thinking output / tailshaft bearings / bushing, something that spins at a constant rate with the drive shaft. I checked the fluid and it's all good. Any ideas out there as to what it could be ?

• Sponsors (?)

I think you're spot on. Mine was doing this as well, I pulled it and changed the input shaft bearings and like a moron thought that would solve it. It did, 50%.

Change all the bearings and I personally believe you'll be golden.

Just what I already shared. Mine also started to whine so I swapped the bearings on the input shaft/nose cone. Some you can change yourself (pin style bearings) and the standard one on the shaft I had a machine shop remove and press on the new one. Unfortunately the other end of the trans isn't quite as easy to do, but it's not difficult.