Tail lights?

1slow95

Founding Member
May 16, 2002
ohio
I know Im gonna get flamed bad for this, but I've been thinking about switching to the 96+ style tail lights. :eek: Here's what Im looking at, let me know what you think I should do
number 1
number 2
number 3

I love the 94-95 tail lights, but Im looking for something a little different. Im leaning more towards number 2. Whatever I get, if anything, will be painted to match the car. Let me know what you think. *Puts flame suit on* :D

• Sponsors (?)

:flame:

no dude, seriously, if i was gonna do it (god forbid), I'd go with option 2 also. Keeps it dark. Then again, I'm not sure what color your car is....

Edit: Looked at your avatar, go with 2

1 and 2 are
tnl_rr_longgrain.jpg
which we make fun of a lot... if you're gonna hang around here i suggest staying with the ones you've got. save money and you'll get used to it. if not, then #3

I actually like the 96-98 lights, on a black car with painted to match black trim.

But on a red car, it really doesn't matter. I "kinda" like option 3. And I mean KINDA.

If I wanted to switch, I would get OEM ones. Those 3 options look like crap.

What about some OEM ones with VHT nightshades painted on the lenses. That would look nice.
Scott

ahhh, I see. So not only do you want to ditch your 5.0 lights :notnice: You want to get the riced out 4.6 ones :notnice: ? Good call :rolleyes:

I dont care how good other lights might look, Id never get rid of my 94/95 lights, they set us apart from all other 96-98 stangs stating that, yeah its a 5.0 under the hood. Im suprised more 4.6 guys are not changing over to the 94/95 lights :rlaugh:

What it comes down to is its your car so do what you want w/ it but just dont expect to many of us in this section to say it looks good.

95snoozer said:

:rlaugh: :rlaugh: :rlaugh:
Well, that's about what I was expecting lol. Anyways, I found this car online and kinda liked the carbon fiber on laser red look. But, it looks like I'll probably just keep my stock tails and get some VHT nightshades since that was originally what I wanted to do.
slamstang.jpg

Dude I love your car but if you put clear taillights on them please don't let us know. I myself have 2 pairs of 96-98 tails, one in colorshift and one in black with factory ruby red lenses. Clears on the rear just degrade a Stang, IMO.
twocents.gif

Low-5.0 said:
Well, that's about what I was expecting lol. Anyways, I found this car online and kinda liked the carbon fiber on laser red look. But, it looks like I'll probably just keep my stock tails and get some VHT nightshades since that was originally what I wanted to do.
slamstang.jpg
OMG how does this guy move anywhere? Car has to have bags. Hydros support that thing? Jesus thats low. He could double as a lawn mower when he drives over the grass like that. :D

Striped5.0 said:
ahhh, I see. So not only do you want to ditch your 5.0 lights :notnice: You want to get the riced out 4.6 ones :notnice: ? Good call :rolleyes:

I dont care how good other lights might look, Id never get rid of my 94/95 lights, they set us apart from all other 96-98 stangs stating that, yeah its a 5.0 under the hood. Im suprised more 4.6 guys are not changing over to the 94/95 lights :rlaugh:

What it comes down to is its your car so do what you want w/ it but just dont expect to many of us in this section to say it looks good.

Don't get me wrong, I love the 94/95 lights. I guess I was just swayed to the dark side for a while :lol: . But one thing many have overlooked is the fact that the 4.6 lights could be used for a sleeper look. How many times have you pulled up behind a stang with vertical taillights and thought "It's just a 4.6, I can take it"?

squall9393 said:
OMG how does this guy move anywhere? Car has to have bags. Hydros support that thing? Jesus thats low. He could double as a lawn mower when he drives over the grass like that. :D
LMAO. Yeah it's bagged, found it on Razzi's website. NOT looking for a body kit, I was searching for those one-piece projector headlights and this popped up.

Low-5.0 said:
Don't get me wrong, I love the 94/95 lights. I guess I was just swayed to the dark side for a while :lol: . But one thing many have overlooked is the fact that the 4.6 lights could be used for a sleeper look. How many times have you pulled up behind a stang with vertical taillights and thought "It's just a 4.6, I can take it"?

The sleeper mod is a good thing but most people dont know the diffrence between the 94/95 and 96/98 lights and what they stand for. Only those of us who know Mustangs will be able to tell what lights belong on what car. Your not going to pull up to some import and have him think hes racing a 4.6 when its really a 5.0.

go ahead and fry me. i have the chrome ones with clear lenses. my entire car is black and chrome. everyone has there own opinion but 94-95 tail light are funny looking. i know im going to get flak for this, but i get so tired of people telling other people what they need to put on there cars. i see some ricey looking wheels on peoples cars on here. dude i've owned everything from vette's to nissans, just fix it up how you want it, thats what it is all about.

Striped5.0 said:
The sleeper mod is a good thing but most people dont know the diffrence between the 94/95 and 96/98 lights and what they stand for. Only those of us who know Mustangs will be able to tell what lights belong on what car. Your not going to pull up to some import and have him think hes racing a 4.6 when its really a 5.0.
Then he would be a sleeper to only mustang guys, but then again if they were really mustang guys wouldnt they just look at the badge, or just listen to the car?

RedHot91GT said:
Then he would be a sleeper to only mustang guys, but then again if they were really mustang guys wouldnt they just look at the badge, or just listen to the car?

My car's not much of a sleeper anyways. And badges could always be removed. I guess I wasn't thinking that non-mustang guys don't know the difference between the lights :bang:.

Kinda :OT:, but when I got my windows tinted the guy was showing me all the graphics he could do in the tint and he showed me some flames he could put on the tail lights. I told him my car has horozontal lights, not vertical, and he gave me this look like I was crazy and he said he'd never seen those before :lol:.

Toplessmustang: Got any pics? My car's red but I would still like to see them.

One more thing - The main reason I wanted the 96+ lights is for the sequential turn signals. :nice: