Taking off quads

• Sponsors (?)

flip them, i can fit 275's on my car with no quadshock problems, i fit a 11.5" tire back there too with quadshocks still on, not sure what kind of wheels you have but if your only running a 275 tire just flip them unless you have control arms then take them off. And make sure you have a ratchet thats pretty much all you need, and maybe a hammer and wd40, its easy but a PAIN in the ass, those bolts have been on there for a long time. Unless you have like an impact wrench or something ittl be a pain in the ass.

Mine were on there for so long, that the bolt had rusted/siezed itself in the sleeve of the quadshock and when using the impact gun the bracket that the quad bolts to was twisting, so i said **** it and just cut the damn thing off. There was no way the impact gun was going to break it loose without breaking something on the car.

Just a little note if yours arent coming loose, this is probably the case. get some KYB's to replace the old stockers with, they are much better then the old ones.

mob said:
flip them, i can fit 275's on my car with no quadshock problems, i fit a 11.5" tire back there too with quadshocks still on, not sure what kind of wheels you have but if your only running a 275 tire just flip them unless you have control arms then take them off. And make sure you have a ratchet thats pretty much all you need, and maybe a hammer and wd40, its easy but a PAIN in the ass, those bolts have been on there for a long time. Unless you have like an impact wrench or something ittl be a pain in the ass.

Same here, i guess we are some of the lucky ones, i have my 275/50/15s BFGs on the welds with 5.5" BS on the back, quadshocks are still there with room to spare, its my inner fenders that are close but it all clears. I say just flip them and see how much room it gives you.

275/50/15s on a stock wheel works.. with the quads.. although they kind of do nothing as said before.. but they do help to prevent nasty wheelhop.. but if your going to be changing to different control arms then by all means remove them.. and the removal is straight forward.. lift the car from the axle and put it on jack stands.. take off the wheel and unbolt the quads..

STANGateURlilSS said:
275/50/15s on a stock wheel works.. with the quads.. although they kind of do nothing as said before.. but they do help to prevent nasty wheelhop.. but if your going to be changing to different control arms then by all means remove them.. and the removal is straight forward.. lift the car from the axle and put it on jack stands.. take off the wheel and unbolt the quads..

It is a Case by Case situation, its way to generic to say if you change your LCAs you can ditch your Quads!