Progress Thread Tannerc91gt’s Build(s) Thread

• Sponsors (?)

A few more parts came in tonight, screwed around a little bit after work
IMG_5513.JPG

New Stifflers Trans crossmember. They make these for Ford transmissions as well, check them out it's a super nice piece compared to some others I've owned.
IMG_5514.JPG

Intercooler. This layout is proving to be problematic.

IMG_5524.JPG

Zip tie mockup FTW!

Except it doesn't really fit. The inside of the GT bumper hits the intercooler. I don't particularly want to put it further inboard so I may just trim the inside of the bumper. Need to spend more time with it.
It was almost cool.

Reactions: 5 users
A few more parts came in tonight, screwed around a little bit after work
IMG_5513.JPG

New Stifflers Trans crossmember. They make these for Ford transmissions as well, check them out it's a super nice piece compared to some others I've owned.
IMG_5514.JPG

Intercooler. This layout is proving to be problematic.

IMG_5524.JPG

Zip tie mockup FTW!

Except it doesn't really fit. The inside of the GT bumper hits the intercooler. I don't particularly want to put it further inboard so I may just trim the inside of the bumper. Need to spend more time with it.
It was almost cool.
Stifflers is the best . Have the d/s loop and the x member in my car .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

img_5524-jpg.569516.jpg

When you say "problematic", do you mean "Where the eff am I gonna stick my radiator?" You could always do like Mike and run 2 small ones on either side of the intake tube and daisy chain them together...

img_5524-jpg.569516.jpg

When you say "problematic", do you mean "Where the eff am I gonna stick my radiator?" You could always do like Mike and run 2 small ones on either side of the intake tube and daisy chain them together...
It's problematic because it doesn't clear the bumper cover.
But as far as radiators go, my plan is to run a stock width radiator that's a few inches shorter to clear the charge pipe. I was thinking the idea you suggested but realized that places them right in front of the turbo inlets.
My idea will require cutting the headers down and moving the turbos back a few inches regardless, and I'm pretty sure I won't have room for a very big filter but it's the best idea I've got. Now, there is an option B.

And that would be a tube front end. That lets me rotate the turbos outwards, gives me more room for a bigger radius coldside to the intercooler and won't block the turbos.
If the bay wasn't so nice it would be done already. :thinking:

I vote for the tube front end [emoji106]

I've got a team z lower core support on my car and love the extra room. The front end your buddy makes looks killer. If I would've known those existed my previous rust bucket would've still been alive.

You're doing some great work on that car, man !!!

Blake Hughes at 417 Motorsports just started making a tube front and he's been trying to get me to buy one. Removable upper core support, fender and bumper mounting tabs already installed. It's super nice.

The $800+ shipping price tag and cutting off an engine bay that helped urge me to buy the car are the big deterrents. I'm always afraid cutting off the front frame rails will bite me in the ass someday but I think a lot of classes are only counting the strut tower and rearward.
I think I'll regret doing it right off the so I think I'll keep battling the lack of space
IMG_5563.JPG

IMG_5561.JPG
IMG_5559.JPG

Reactions: 1 users
I vote for the tube front end [emoji106]

I've got a team z lower core support on my car and love the extra room. The front end your buddy makes looks killer. If I would've known those existed my previous rust bucket would've still been alive.

You're doing some great work on that car, man !!!
I've got a moly lower core support I'm 99.9% I'm going to have to install. And a rear bumper support that I lost interest in using

Yeah man... Its hard to chop up a good clean and straight front end. I'm not a big fan of structurally altering cars. If you could find a way to get it done without chopping it up it'll be more unique.

img_5524-jpg.569516.jpg

I don't think my two little chicken peen radiators would cool an entire engine. But I have placed the radiator in back over the rear end and blew through it on top of the rear end housing on this TT'd 363w.

pliner0190mq7_zps6s8cjuey.jpg

pliner0185aq0_zpsr7a5rl2g.jpg

You can see the radiator just in front of the water reservoir for the A2W intercooler that for some stupid reason I put under the dash............(Oh yeah......I didn't have room for that up front either)

Reactions: 4 users
That's a pretty cool car Mike! What's the background on it? Sorry for the derail...

Joe
It was my second Conquest/Starion w/ a Windsor. This one started out as a street car,.....but that quickly changed. It had the engine that the orange and black drag car that I have posted pics before ended up with, but w/ two, stupidly small garret turbos.(57mm).

It was a 4 link car, and I wanted to race in the stock suspension classes, so I sold that, and built the Mustang for that purpose.

Now,...We return you back to your regularly scheduled programming.

Reactions: 3 users