TAX time, can anyone help me out here?

jstang209

Dirt-Old 20+Year Member
Jun 3, 2004
Stockton 209
i was starting to do my return on turbotax.com and after entering my first w2 it said i would owe $453, im very disappointed because i was looking forward to get money back. I dont see how this happened. Im 20 still live at home, my dad still claims me so i claim 0 on all W'-4's and check that i am still someone elses dependent. So why am i having to pay the irs back??

• Sponsors (?)

When filing taxes it asks if anyone CAN claim you as a dependent. If my parents didn't claim me I would still have to check that box.

Fortunately, my parents are kind enough to pay me the difference between what I get and what I would get if they didn't claim me.

I'm 21, but still in college and living at home, so that's how they get to claim me.

do u have any thing u can write off

do u have any thing to write off. i write off miles that i drive my truck to work all my car parts i did 1 year. my friend did his car parts because u race for money. i did mine the other day and im greating back good money and i had a bike wreck in may 9 th and i have been off all year after that crash.