Tell me about these Holley heads I bought?

• Sponsors (?)

I know Holley had some serious oil burning issues through the guides with some 5.0L heads.

I don`t know if those 20* heads were the ones with the problem.

Might be more info on corral on this.

8950HO said:
I know Holley had some serious oil burning issues through the guides with some 5.0L heads.

I don`t know if those 20* heads were the ones with the problem.

Might be more info on corral on this.
I tried posting over there last week, took me forever to get one reply:nonono: bumholes.

I still have the holley heads in my basement. They were great in fact the 11.5 sec 1/4 mile time was with those heads. I think they were a bit small for my 351w but i guess i shouldn't complain about 11's with them and juice. Never had any issues with them. I'm going to install them on my 92 f-150 4x4. should wake that 302 up a bit. They were very torque heads. pulled them to over 7000 grand a couple times by mistake. round 7400 or so said the factory tach. the rev limitor was set to 7500. i proply set that down a bit. honestly i can not tell a difference in the seat of my pants a difference with those holley systemaxII heads on my engine then with my new vic jr's.

Those are the newer style heads, the geometery issue with the rockers have been fixed. They really are not a bad head I'd take them over many of the others, but I would mill the chambers down to 58cc and they respond very well to some light bowl work and a good valve job.

well if you end up getting the holley intake which is a very good one why not also get the cam holley recomends with that combo. i believe they boast 350 hp 350 ft/lbs torque. if i was going to all the trouble of installing new heads and cam i would not run stock cam.

the 17* heads are the ones with the geometry problems. 20* ones are fine and will run like a bat outa H-E-doublehockeysticks. Great steal on the heads. I woulda bit the bullet and bought the systemaxII intake though. It is a great setup.