The BlueCoupe, my 90 LX 5.0 pics

Finally!!! The weathers been decent enough that the local 1/8 mile opened up Sunday for some test n tune. Bolted on the Mickey Ts, bumped the timing up and went to see what the new(er) motor combo would do.

DragRacing15Feb2009002.jpg

I was nervous as all get out, was afraid I would be let down by the new set-up. Only thing I had to tell the difference from the original motor and this one is that the old setup was easily contained by the 245 tires I had all around, where the new set up will haze the 275s I got in the rear quite easily. My previous BEST run was an 8.72 at 79mph but I was consistently runnin 8.80s. First run of this season I went 8.65 at 80mph!!!! :D I told myself that if she ran 8.9s Ide be happy...I was pretty impressed. She ran another 8.66, an 8.73 and then an 8.80 with a bad launch...all with 1.9-2.0 60fts so theres still room for improvement I believe. ANYways, im lovin this car more and more and I hope that an 8.5X is doable with the way she sits and some work on the launch!
Matt

• Sponsors (?)

Rev it to 5 and dump the clutch. My buddy was pulling 1.8 60's with slicks with his mostly stock GT. Maybe even go to around 5500/6000.

When I ran my 8.72 2 years ago I launched at 3500RPM and she spun then hooked and booked. This year was much of the same, seemed to spin the first 30 feet or so then it would hook and rock n roll. It WAS 30* outside Sunday so the track wasnt the best, but I forsee it gettin nice and sticky later on down the road when it warms up...then Ill look into snappin some axles launchin it!!!

Tint is DEFINITELY on the list...just gotta wait and see what taxes decide to do to me :(
Matt

123.jpg

WOW! The stance of your car is just perfect! I love the way it sits. This is the stance I'm going for with my car! PERFECT!

I appreciate it!!! Those are 4 banger front springs with the top issolator but not the little coiled rubber piece on the bottom and the rear is factory. I was gonna lower the rear but after watchin my videos from the track Sunday I realize how much those Mickey Thompsons tuck and I fear Ide shred one if it was lowered even an inch.
Matt

OK...someone at the track Sunday was amazing enough to have filmed my 4 runs! They compiled it into one video for me too...here goes.

View attachment 270189

Lemme know what yall think! I know I need to work on the burnout for sure. I feel if I coulda cut some 1.8 60s Ide been mid 8's for sure!
Matt

looking awesome man, that thing looks mean on the line with the stance the car has! :nice:

I appreciate it... I was considerin lowerin the back a little but after seein it in the vid I believe Ill leave it alone. Not only does the rake look sick, but the passenger drag radial looks like it might rub when I launch if I lower it any.
Matt

I appreciate it... I was considerin lowerin the back a little but after seein it in the vid I believe Ill leave it alone. Not only does the rake look sick, but the passenger drag radial looks like it might rub when I launch if I lower it any.
Matt

Maybe try throwing in a set of drag springs in the rear, it should help some.

Nice thread, nice car, nice vid! :nice:

Maybe try throwing in a set of drag springs in the rear, it should help some.

Nice thread, nice car, nice vid! :nice:

Ive been lurkin around seein if anyone was parting with the rear springs to a drag kit over the last little bit! Im thinkin the stock springs are just a little worn out. Might have to look a little harder now that drag season is around!
Matt

Worn out 3.55s that whine worse and worse every day and some MM lowers, stock uppers. I was only launchin at about 3K rpm...im gonna try to warm up the mickeys a little better and then launch a little higher and see what happens. Also had the sway bar disconnected.
Matt