the FOXFAN BEAST IS MOTORLESS!!!!!

Foxfan88

My Grandpa has great wood.
Sep 13, 2004
Miami, Ok
pulled the stock engine out of my car today.

scared us to death, we pulled it with the t5 attached, the bolt i used on the back of the engine FELL OUT ( was using smog tube bolt and should have moved the tube) while the engine was 5ft in the air, just just felt back down standing straight up, the chain in front held it, it didnt hit anything, thankfully.

anways. the engine came out easy and without any fits, just take it slow and keep stuff organized

we worked it out, and i got the parts i need from it and not i have an old 145k 5.0 engine sitting there haha! how much money you think i can get from it? I was thinking 300$, ran 13.9s with it and never smoked and runs top notch!

I am going to spend some real tiome cleaning the engine bay, degrease it and make it PURDY! and work out some wiring issues, then tape my wires for a cleaner look. then i will be running 12s:nice:

if i remember to take my camera over there i will snap pics of the project!

LATER!

• Sponsors (?)

i rebuilt a 5.0 slapped on some thumper heads, put the b-cam in and advanced it 4* and got me a tmoss lower! hopefully it will run good!

its a budget build but i think it should be a nice step up from stock for sure ;)

why not spend the 130 bucks and get the Stage 1 since you are doing all this work? When i took mine out i used the stock factory hinges, the ones that attached to the heads. it was amazing simple, glad you didnt kill anyone when dropping that biotch.

Aliate X said:
Why are people still putting b-cam's in motors?....

Because you can find them for next to nothing at the Goodwill.

Yeah.... I have wondered, if we have the B, E, F, X, cams.... what about the C, D, and other cams?

Alphebet cams, and alphebet soup, you outgrow them after a while.

Dont worry man your not alone with the engine falling or bolt holding engine coming out,I was pulling my 1st 302 to swap in a 351 and the 2 back chains on the load leveler snapped ,Then on my brother in laws 4 banger I just bought ,I got it clear of the car and the hydraulic pump gave and the engine and trans although both junk to me landed on the ground ..It was 1 ft from the car I about shat myself my friend dove from it like a bad action movie dive lookin back it was funny

there is absolutely NOTHING wrong with the alphabet cams... people ran them before the aftermarket grew with great results.. there are plenty of people running great times using those cams.

true, technology has grown since then, but if he already has the b-cam.. then hell use it. its better than stock my friend.

if you play the "why not buy this *better* part" game... no engine would be short of 2,000 hp .. a line has to be drawn somewhere peeps.

poneypower89 said:
there is absolutely NOTHING wrong with the alphabet cams... people ran them before the aftermarket grew with great results.. there are plenty of people running great times using those cams.

true, technology has grown since then, but if he already has the b-cam.. then hell use it. its better than stock my friend.

if you play the "why not buy this *better* part" game... no engine would be short of 2,000 hp .. a line has to be drawn somewhere peeps.

Yeah but you shouldnt draw the line with your cam. Im running a stock TB, stock injectors, stock MAF, I sure saved some money there, and I had no problem the other night slowly walking a 364rwhp 94 vortech cobra.

Aliate X said:
Yeah but you shouldnt draw the line with your cam. Im running a stock TB, stock injectors, stock MAF, I sure saved some money there, and I had no problem the other night slowly walking a 364rwhp 94 vortech cobra.

Meh.. i enjoy my stock cam :shrug: :rolleyes:

I can understand and appreciate ur point.. im just tired of the alphebet cam bashing. Especially when I see guys at my track running the e-cam into the 6's in the 1/8 mile... and my bros budget buid motor that ran the b-cam into the high 7's in the 1/8th... (stock 86 block, high dome pistons, lightely ported e7s, b-cam, edelbrock intake and holley 650 cfm carb) not much at all .. cost about 800 bucks to throw together..

I dunno... Im just saying screw the whole cam wars.. the difference between a tfs 1 and b cam is maybe 10 hp... oh boy.. now if were talking custom grind then maybe i would agree... oh well

Let me add... even though I bashed a little on the B cam, I had one,and had better drivability with it than a buddy did with a TFS1. I'll say I lost more below 4000rpm than it made up for over 4000rpm, but unlike my buddy's TFS, when it got low on RPM it didn't chug, it would just feel real weak. I think there were other factors in that though.

good thing it didnt drop on someones toes or they would be hurtin. my friend gave me a 302 out of his 89 LX parts car...he said i could have it if i had it out by the end of the night because he needed the shell out of his yard. well the motor was the only thing left and i had no engine hoist available in that short time, so i cut the whole front end off with a sawzall, disconnected the mounts and let her fall onto the ground. it took 4 decent sized guys to pick it up and put it in the back of the truck...its A LOT heavier than it looks.

seems like youve done a lot since you bought the car a short time ago...keep up the good work, pretty soon youll be low 12's with some suspension work

Aliate X said:
So I guess that guy dont know how to drive? Or has 2.73's or something? Because you sure arent making that kind of power.