THE FUNNY AND THE WEIRD THINGS WE DO THAT LET US KNOW YOU LOVE YOUR CAR...

• Sponsors (?)

5.0stangette said:
i spend roughly 20 bucks every other day on my stocker pumping 93 octane, getting 14 mpg and still driving for a good 90% of the day (when it's nice out) just to feel the wind in my hair :banana:

Why would you put 93 octane in a stocker? That's actually a waste of money and is more than likely hurting performance somewhat (read in article about that in Popular Hot Rodding or Car Craft, one of those) I forget what it was exactly, but I think they said it was a waste unless you had nitrous/boost or something like 11:1 compression.

go-stang5.0 said:
Hey JB, oddly enough the entire car is rust free except for a pin head sized spot on the roof, which I have prevented from getting any worse (and it hasnt). Even my undercarrage is pretty much spotless except the catback, its beginning to show some rust around the welds but what non stainless catback doesnt. Oh and I smoke and stuff inside but I febreeze and the interior is spotless most of the time and the leather (passenger side and rear seat, I dont have leather just a cloth racing seat) is in amazing shape. If I can see it and it looks nasty it bothers me so my interior is clean. But as long as I dont have to stare at something for long periods of time, it doesnt bother me and I dont care what other people think.

I'll be damned. Did you spray it with an undercoat?

5.0_GT_kid said:
Why would you put 93 octane in a stocker? That's actually a waste of money and is more than likely hurting performance somewhat (read in article about that in Popular Hot Rodding or Car Craft, one of those) I forget what it was exactly, but I think they said it was a waste unless you had nitrous/boost or something like 11:1 compression.
NEGATIVE! using a higher octane fuel reduces pinging and/or detonation and since this is the actual engine killer, thus allowing longer engine life with a higher octane fuel.

Warning...kinda long lol

i never had any pinging problems with the 87 but someone told me that running 93 is cleaner and so i got better mpg for a little while and now i think i just drive harder. i waste no time getting anywhere lol the mpg is my fault but i'm fine with it. i know that i'll prolly get flamed for saying i noticed a difference in performance between the 87 and 93 but it definitely made the shifts easier(i have an auto) and less jerky which results in making the car feel faster. i have never heard that using better gas could be worse for the car and i find it very hard to believe, but to each their own. and whoever said i need a tune up is damn skippy...the only mechanic i trust is 2 hours away and i go to school and work full time to pay for that gas lol (And my expensive purse addiction, but that's besides the point)...if anyone has more info on this 93 octane being bad for the car i'd love to hear it..i certainly don't want to hurt her..i know it's a waste on a stock car but if it's just a tiny bit better it's worth 20 more cents per gallon in the long run.

wow....who knew gas was so complicated

p.s. yeah those fingerprints are a bitch, i dont even tell my buddies anymore when i wax it because what they wanna do is come right to my car and feel touch it

wow!...this guy i just talk to the other day is prob the most dedicated person to keeping his car clean i have ever met

he was tellin me his regular routine before a car show, which is totally sick

such as
-everytime he enters, he changes some things
-different seats
-different bodykit (he said he has 4 different ones so far)
-he also said that his goal before every show is to put at least another 1000 bucks in it