Build Thread The Offical 1990coupe Progress Thread

Vise grip - never though of that!!

I hope to get the ENTIRE front end together... Springs, spindles, brakes all buttoned up and wheels on.. Then i'll get as far as i can with the rear before the 3 day weekend is over. Hopefully i'll make some good progress!! I'd like to finish up the brakes/wheel swap, then basically drop in the engine and Fire her uppp!!!!!!

• Sponsors (?)

Did you just clean the engine or clean and paint it? Either way it looks real good! Two suggestions would be to either paint the power steering pump black, or to buy a black one. Also lose the nasty yellow wires for some black ones, and lose the brown cap for something grey or black. :D Im picky but it looks too good to have those things mud it up.

Also vise grips and some penetrating fluid sounds like it should work. You plan to paint the area in the wheel wells?

Did you just clean the engine or clean and paint it? Either way it looks real good! Two suggestions would be to either paint the power steering pump black, or to buy a black one. Also lose the nasty yellow wires for some black ones, and lose the brown cap for something grey or black. :D Im picky but it looks too good to have those things mud it up.

Also vise grips and some penetrating fluid sounds like it should work. You plan to paint the area in the wheel wells?

That is a terrible pic of the engine. I cleaned the hell out of for a few hours over the weekend. I painted the block/heads/oil pan flat black along with some accessories. I painted some brackets black, and some factory silver. I definatly think im going to paint the PS reservoir black, i cleaned and painted the aluminum factory silver again.

Also the wires and cap are going, both replaced with black, and the intake is also semigloss black so it will have a dark pissed off look i hope! :nice: Plus it will be easy to keep clean!!!!

The wheel wells i have to scrub, then i'll probably paint those black as well, do you guys think otherwise?? :shrug:

The inner wheel wells black is perfect. I did that to Hack Job. The whole inside of the rear fender well and the front fender wells (behind the inner shields) is POR15. Looks excellent...when apart, can't tell now that it's together, but it's a good peice of mind nothing will rust under there.

:)

IMG_6330.jpg

IMG_6329.jpg

IMG_6336.jpg

IMG_6332-1.jpg

IMG_6340.jpg

IMG_6348.jpg

IMG_6350.jpg

IMG_6351.jpg

as it sits as of 20 mins ago

IMG_6355.jpg

OK so i know i need an adapter for the front passenger side caliper, But what type of adapter do i need? I went to 4 autoparts stores and found nothing.

They are PBR front calipers from an 01 stang. Any help would be awesome!!

Are you gonna put on a bumpsteer kit since you are all up in there?
Seems like the best time to do it :shrug:

Aren't the point of bumpsteer kits to change the angles for the steering arms on lowered cars? With these springs i don't see the car sitting much lower then 3/4 of an inch. I rented the correct tie rod end removal kit so i wouldn't damage them. I tried to do it all the right way! :nice:

Looks sexy with those wheels on there!!!

I bought all my adapters from an online company. I can try and search for you. Might be worth it to ask on one of the 5-lug fox swap sites. They sell all the right little parts and pieces, but you end up spending a good chunck of change for it all. Cars gonna look perfect when it's done, those wheels have to be some of the best you can put on the fox... the shape and style of them flows amazingly with our body styled cars!

looking good man i thought you were doing a coupe tho? man cars sure are rusty there! :jaw: peace

john:p

Nope - my old car was a Torch red 1990 Coupe :nice:

This one was going to be blue, but i may just keep er white since it's really grown on me!

Looks sexy with those wheels on there!!!

I bought all my adapters from an online company. I can try and search for you. Might be worth it to ask on one of the 5-lug fox swap sites. They sell all the right little parts and pieces, but you end up spending a good chunck of change for it all. Cars gonna look perfect when it's done, those wheels have to be some of the best you can put on the fox... the shape and style of them flows amazingly with our body styled cars!

Thanks man! I was looking around the web for fox swap sites and i couldn't find anything other then like sn95brakes.com (mjbobbit). I got my t fitting from him and it should be in any day, but i can't find out what type of adapter i need for the passenger side. The rear im going to do custom. Since i have 01 rear calipers and softlines they are not the same as yours, and the softlines won't mount how yours do, so i have to get creative. I'll use the 4 cyl hardlines and make some type of adapation with the softlines and maybe zip tie them to the housing :shrug:

I know the fittings are online, I'll have to search again and see where I got mine. The rear, shouldnt be too bad making it work. I would think you could even spend the time and do the hard lines yourself, my dad did them on my brothers 86 without any issues. Just patience and a little time.

Keep posting when you get more done.

Looks great coupe!!! Seriously! Real good! I like the black/red caliper combo. I have the same caliper

The fitting is available at AP stores, they are usually by "help racks" or fitting areas in the back of the stores.

The fox hard line is too big to thread into the PBR soft line fitting. So you need an adapter that goes: 3/8" female (into the fox hardline) and a 1/4" male (into the PBR soft line fitting). I found one for $1.37 at Advanced Auto Parts.

I know the fittings are online, I'll have to search again and see where I got mine. The rear, shouldnt be too bad making it work. I would think you could even spend the time and do the hard lines yourself, my dad did them on my brothers 86 without any issues. Just patience and a little time.

Keep posting when you get more done.

Yep the rear and rear brakes isnt as intimidating as the rest of it has been. The Engine swap should be the easiest part of it all!

Looks great coupe!!! Seriously! Real good! I like the black/red caliper combo. I have the same caliper

The fitting is available at AP stores, they are usually by "help racks" or fitting areas in the back of the stores.

The fox hard line is too big to thread into the PBR soft line fitting. So you need an adapter that goes: 3/8" female (into the fox hardline) and a 1/4" male (into the PBR soft line fitting). I found one for $1.37 at Advanced Auto Parts.

I had a fitting like that, but for some reason the thread on the fitting was a little different the the thread on the softline and wouldn't go in. I'll have to search around some more.

Its coming along! With those springs in the front i need the engine in there, its so stiff im afraid it will be stuck like a 4x4!!!! :rlaugh:

Oh no, when the engine goes in, the front and back will lower down quite a bit. BTW...When you do the rear springs and UCA and LCA's tighten all those bolts on the ground. I tightened mine in the air and my car sat so high. I jacked up the rear by the diff, loosened the bolts then dropped it down. It lowered it so much and wasn't nearly as stiff. I then jacked it back up by the diff, and torqued everything down. HPM recommended about 85-95ft lbs on the LCA's. The uppers I just retightened by feel.

Coupe: the fitting you're looking for on the passenger side is referred to as a "weatherhead 7828" fitting. I got mine at UAP / NAPA though i'm sure they're available elsewhere. Great work on your build so far!