The stang has died.....

Shinlee

Feb 10, 2006
Well, my 92 hatch that I bought when I was 15 has finally quit on me. 5 years of faithful service, and of steady improvment, but I guess it had to go out to pasture sometime, huh?

The A4LD in it has finally died, with 173k on it, and the shop asked 1400-1900 for it to fix it. So instead I took 1500, and put it down on a new car. I have henceforth become a traitor, and I bought myself a new 2007 toyota Yaris, with a whole 22 miles on the odometer. I had to do it, the 6yr,100k bumper-to-bumper and free maintence was just too tempting for me.

Although I have yet to get rid of the stang, ( and trying not to as well ) I might sell it to a friend of mine for him to repair and use for a few years. I just got a scholarship to a university (u.t.p.b.) that's about 6 hours from where I live at, and I believe this would be best for me to do. He has agree'd that he would sell it back to me when I get back from school, but I'll be 25 by then, and I may have to let it go. Sorry to post up some bad news, but it does make me sick losin my first car, especially one that I worked so hard on, so I just request from other stangnet members to keep posting cool pics of thiers (glowstang!351w!), cuz i do enjoy seein the fox bodies goin wheels up, or lookin show room pristine.

take care guys, I'll be seein ya from time to time.

• Sponsors (?)

Yep that happened to me a couple years ago...my '90 LX, which I got when I was a senior in high school, was forced into retirement after 5 years (was getting too rusty and had various little problems). Sucked because I loved that little car, but it was too far gone, ended up selling it to some guys for parts for $100.

yea, I think i'm gonna try that if it isnt wrecked.
It's a good beater, got 36 mpg, and I drove it probably 52k miles, so I got my money's worth on it. I can't complain, only way I'm not gonna buy it back is if I go ahead and buy a new mustang instead. I'll be 25 when I'm back from school, so my insurance on that car won't be killer, so I might do that as well.