These cars are getting very hard to find.

DarkoStoj

Founding Member
Sep 4, 2002
Detroit
I don't know if its just me, but I have had terrible luck finding a mustang this past month. I have 20k to spend and I'm just looking for a nice 65-68 fastback thats nice and solid. Getting very frustrated over here :mad:

• Sponsors (?)

DarkoStoj said:
I don't know if its just me, but I have had terrible luck finding a mustang this past month. I have 20k to spend and I'm just looking for a nice 65-68 fastback thats nice and solid. Getting very frustrated over here :mad:
How many have you bought and sold in the last two years? It seams as if you change cars very often.

Jester67 said:
How many have you bought and sold in the last two years? It seams as if you change cars very often.
I get bored fast :D

I have my project 68 thats not going to be done for a while, and I usually have another one I keep as a DD. I'm regretting selling my last one because I've never had this much trouble finding a car!

xoxbxfx said:
I have a 69 fastback shell... SHELL ONLY that might be sellin for $5k :D Its all about supply and demand...the fact they are not making them anymore means the prices will continue to go up.
I thought everyone was crazy for selling these junkers for so much money. I guess I'm the crazy one for selling my cars too cheap. I am SERIOUSLY regretting the sale of my last 66 now. I just looked at a 65 mustang that was solid, but needed EVERYTHING for 13k. I sold my seriously built complete driver 66 gt350 clone for 13,500 :mad:

The problem is this is like the commodities market as people buy just to resale this drives up the price I would appear that you have milked your area. You should not complain you have done this to your self.

Why them ole Fastbacks are a dime a dozen around where I live. Can't hardly give 'em away. Lots a times people give 'em away to guys just to haul 'em off to the crusher. There's two or three sittin' on every street corner. Get tired of lookin' at 'em myself. Be glad when they're all gone.

Seriously, they're what everyone wants so the prices keep climbing. Good luck with finding one.

anyone tired of a California Special can call me

I have a soft spot for the C/S. No way can I afford another mustang but if grandma is tired of putting gas in the old clunker . . . :D

1320stang said:
I saw what looks to be an original, unrestored California Special under a carport yesterday. No for sale sign, but you never know if they're willing to sale or not, especially with gas prices what they are now.

Looked at it again today, I was mistaken, I know the car. It's a road race piece. Buds wheels, suspension mods, 351c, roll cage, Mopar hood scoop. He built it to run at Hallet I believe. He used to live somewhere else, now I've found where he moved to. When I visited him at his old place, he showed me an Autolite 1x4 carb he was taking to the Tulsa Shelby meet to sell.

DarkoStoj said:
I get bored fast :D

I have my project 68 thats not going to be done for a while, and I usually have another one I keep as a DD. I'm regretting selling my last one because I've never had this much trouble finding a car!
before you tried to make a quick a buck,you shoulda checked to see if it could be replaced.

my neighbor has 2 fastback shells rotting away and no he wont sell them:nonono: