Thinking about changing the colour of my car!!!

none67

Oct 19, 2003
hey, i'm really excited know becuase i just got an idea. i'm thinking of changeing the planed colour of my car from black to a light gray... i would get a REALLY glossy finish on this gray and i'm going to do a little homework before i really consider it..

1) how much diffrence does it cost? (its already black and the "hidden parts" are fine)
2) what additional parts need to be painted besides the body?

thanks guys!

• Sponsors (?)

IMO - paint jobs are worth the extra money to make sure its done right ...

and taking the right time to do it right can make all the difference. (of course, it costs more - so thats something you will have to take into consideration ...)

Let me ask you this: (I dont know what stage your car is in, so pardon the questions)

Is the interior in the car ?

Are you going to have the door jams done (like the parts that you can see around the door hinges, around the inside edges of the door, under the door sills etc ?)

Do you want under the hood and under the trunk painted ?

OR

are you planning on painting just the exterior ?

Just tossing out some things to think about .........

well its still in the part where all the rust is coming off (theres SO much of it, it may take awhile).

The black door jams, trunk, ect. arn't bad, looks good, i would still use them that way and just get the body painted IF i kept the black. but on the gray i would get it changed becuase gray with black parts wouldn't look so great.