This may sound dumb, but I can only smoke the tires in reverse

MustangLX-5.0

Founding Member
Dec 2, 2000
Lehigh Acres Fla.
On my 92 vert, it's an AOD with stock 2.73's in the rear. Car has Full Eibach suspension except for rear sway bar, if that makes any difference. If I have the tranny in Drive, I can't spin the tires from a stand still, unless i'm in gravel or the road is wet. But in reverse, if I stomp on it, then it roasts rubber. Is the engine lacking power, or is this normal? Or, did the Eibach kit actually improve forward traction? Traction is good .... but sometimes I just wanna smokem.... don't we all... lol it's a Mustang..

• Sponsors (?)

On my 92 vert, it's an AOD with stock 2.73's in the rear. Car has Full Eibach suspension except for rear sway bar, if that makes any difference. If I have the tranny in Drive, I can't spin the tires from a stand still, unless i'm in gravel or the road is wet. But in reverse, if I stomp on it, then it roasts rubber. Is the engine lacking power, or is this normal? Or, did the Eibach kit actually improve forward traction? Traction is good .... but sometimes I just wanna smokem.... don't we all... lol it's a Mustang..

there's your answer.

nelson_haha.jpg

Flush the trans fluid and when you do a burnout put the shifter in 1st, i had an AOD mustang for a month and the only thing that car did good was burnouts, good thing about the 2.73's is that 1st gear winds out to about 50mph so you can get some good wheelspeed going. but if u try to leave it in D while doing the burnout its gonna wanna shift to second, then back to first.

ass :D

I got a set of 3.73's waiting to go in. I chose those over the 4.10's because I didn't want it to wind out at too low a speed. Not to mention having a decent crusing speed without having the engine run so high an RPM. I know many would choose 4.10's for and auto.. but to me it seems like overkill.

Seems like I should be able to roast them with stock gears. I seen plently of stockers do burnouts with no mods. AOD trannies. Is 1st any lower than D 1st?

Never serviced it. Just added fluid recently. Last time the tranny was serviced was when I had it in some shop back in 2003. That was the LAST time anyone else ever laid hands on my ride. Once that shop botched my AC, I said FU and started doing EVERY thing myself. That shop can go suck my ****! Dumb fu****s. Anyway,

Back on topic. I do need to change the pan gasket. It's been leaking ever since I got it back from that shop. I was looking at putting a decent shift kit in. Is that hard?

:rlaugh:
Wanna know if your ride has what it takes? Throw a set of Snow....NO, MUD tires on the rear end and try smokin'em.

i thought this part of your sig was pretty ironic considering youre current problem :D

:rlaugh: LOL yeah.. my ride certainly does NOT have what it takes.. to even smoke the stock tires :lol:

It was a gem when I bought it. It looked so damn nice. All that white interior. With all the stangs I seen, this one was a keeper. I know, it's an auto. Ever since I had my 88 4 banger in Michigan years ago, I thought AOD's were EVIL! Having a tranny blow up on you... Twice...and the second time it was on the freeway and the thing SPLIT in half. Tranny is the only downside but I have learned to live with it. AOD to T5 swaps are a royal pain in the ass! I love 5 spds... but hell.. swapping is way too much work. Especially the damn clutch pedal. Right now, i'll do what I can and live with the auto. If the tranny blows up, I'll swap to a 5spd.