Thoughts and Prayers for One of Our Members

BurningRubber

10 Year Member
Dec 6, 2004
If any of you have followed the storm system moving across the southeast over the past few days, it has been spawning multiple tornadoes across SC and NC today.

I was watching the weather channel and heard them mention a strong tornado near Four Oaks, NC and my stomach dropped. Some of you guys know Ben (SaleenGT2001), and that's where he lives.

I texted him immediately asking him if he was alright, and he said that he and his family are fine, but his house is destroyed.

PLEASE keep him and his family in your thoughts and prayers. This couldn't have happened to a better person.

I know we also have several other members from that general area and around Raleigh, NC. There was also a large tornado that hit Raleigh and some towns to the southwest and northeast of. There were a few others that touched down between the areas as well. Keep everyone in your thoughts and prayers... hopefully they will post up.

• Sponsors (?)

Yea, I'm at NC State here, and all was fine in the southwest Raleigh/NC State area.

I saw over on HPJ about Ben. That's really sad, Ben. Thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. If you see this, and need anything, let me know. I'm not that far away and I will help in any way I can if you need something. I saw some of the pictures off Highway 50 in Benson/Four Oaks (near where Ben lives), and it looks really rough.

I also know Bob (tank_567) lives just east of Raleigh in Zebulon, and I know that there were some storms there as well. I don't have any personal contact information for him, but I haven't seen him post or anything this afternoon, so I hope and pray all is well over that way.

I was wondering about you and Tank as well. I saw your post about the track not too long ago and figured you were good.

I think they said the southeast side of Raleigh is what got hit hardest. Hopefully he was out of the way. They were showing the Doppler radar and highlighting the hook echo on the storms, it was bad... they were well defined and tight.

Alot of areas are torn up. There are some confirmed casualties also. My sister in law lives in downtown Raleigh and she said her neighborhood got destroyed. She had a tree fall onto and then into her house and it created a gas leak when it ripped through so they had to try and get through to get the gas shut off. Luckily they were ok. Alot of damage though.

If anybody lives in the area and needs help, even clean up, I have access to chain saws and would help where I can. I live in Clayton and luckily we just got strong winds and storms but no tornadoes...

Thoughts and prayers to those affected.

Prayers sent for Ben. I hope they recover as quickly as possible. He's been such a cool guy for such a long time here. That's horrible to hear about their property. Glad the family is ok, though.

Prayers sent for Bob as well. Hope you're doing well, buddy.

just wanted to post that me and my family are fine. we were VERY lucky to be alive. i actually was driving home from work and pulled up just as the winds hit. we lost our roof, all the trees in the yard, my shed was ruined and my 2 story barn was picked up and moved 40 feet away. we have had the support of some great friends and family over the past 2 days. they got all the trees out of the way yesterday and returned this morning and helped make our house livable again. we have tarps covering the roof, trees are all cut and removed and we are running a generator for power and teathering internet from my phone.

my house is repairable and only has around 10K in damages. my neighbors have it much worse. there are 4 brick homes including mine on my section of the road and two of them have trees inside the house. one trailer that was under 100 feet from my home was completely destroyed and the lady was inside when the storm hit. she survived but the trailer is nothing more than a flat floor now. it picked the whole thing up and moved it almost in my yard.

i have pics and a video from my area that i will post up soon. all 3 cars were damaged including the new 5.0 but insurance will cover it all. i have my wife and my 5 month old baby girl and that is all that matters.

thank you all for your prayers and support!!!!

As well as having been in that type of situation myself. When I was younger in Mississippi we had a tornado jump our house and take out a curb store about a 1/4 mile down the road. That one tore up the trees and everything as well as it tore a 2 inch vine off the chain link fence and tossed it in the front yard.

View attachment 191428
look at the power poles in the background. one is at a 45* angle and still leaning

View attachment 191429

View attachment 191430

View attachment 191431
that is what is left of the trailer in the background!!!

IMAG0077.jpg

View attachment 191433
notice how far the barn is from the steps that were suppose to lead to the door!!

View attachment 191434

View attachment 191435

IMAG0108.jpg

View attachment 191437

View attachment 191438

IMAG0125-1.jpg

View attachment 191440

IMAG0127-2.jpg

View attachment 191442
THIS CAME FROM THE HOUSE BESIDE ME AND WAS WRAPPED AROUND A TREE OVER 1/4 MILE AWAY!!!

View attachment 191443

View attachment 191444

View attachment 191445

View attachment 191446

IMAG0204.jpg

View attachment 191448

View attachment 191449
2 houses down from me

View attachment 191450

View attachment 191451

View attachment 191452
thanks to friends and family our house is looking a lot better and will be good as new after insurance fixes everything for us

View attachment 191453