Throttle arm TV linkage grommit broke

StangBangRicers

Dec 9, 2002
I got a new one and installed it, but now my pedal seems stiffer than usual when I give it gas. I haven't tried driving it in gear yet, not sure if I trust it.

Should I tow it to a shop to check out... our is there any tips/advice anyone can give?

• Sponsors (?)

StangBangRicers said:
I got a new one and installed it, but now my pedal seems stiffer than usual when I give it gas. I haven't tried driving it in gear yet, not sure if I trust it.

Should I tow it to a shop to check out... our is there any tips/advice anyone can give?

you have to readjust it... before u connect the cable back into the grommet you have the push the pin up so the box thing on the end of the cable moves freely.. like it up under the grommet and push it in... this is also how you tweak your shift points.. you can always take it to a performance tranny shop and have them adjust it for you

I already popped the box with the cletus into the grommet. I don't think I can get it out without breaking the new grommet. If I remember right... without the grommet in the hole the cletus aligned towards the firewall side of the hole in the throttle arm.

I have heard of using a pressure guage to adjust... does anyone have details or a link on this? What/where do you guage and what is the process?

Can I test drive and use a shift point to adjust?

I don't mind taking it to a shop, but if it's something I can do.
I'm willing to learn.