Throttle Body and EGR help...

Blue91GT

Oct 2, 2007
Atlanta, GA
I just purchased a 91 GT with 81K miles. As this is my first Mustang I don't know much about the changes I need to make to install some parts. I bought a 65MM Throttle body and EGR spacer, and am wondering if I need to make any fuel changes (ie injectors, fuel pump), or any other changes for me to benefit from this in the long run. I will be pairing this with a MAC cold air intake.

I appreciate all the help you guys can give me!

:shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

Nope you wont need anything fuel wise. The stock injectors (19 lbs) will support up to 300 naturally aspirated HP and a throttle body and CAI swap will only give you about 5-7. Welcome to the boards and good luck with the 91. Get some pics up so we can all take a look.

You set the TPS by Hogging out the mounting holes so you can spin the TPS. Then you need to turn the key to the on position and backprobe the TPS sensor with a volt meter. I think you need to backprobe the red and orange wires i believe? Or maybe its black and orange? You are looking for the voltage to be anywhere from .75 to 1 volt when the throttle blade is closed (idle).

For some reason people seem to think 0.9X volts works best...but the computer doesnt car as long as its in the range i mentioned above.