tinted tail lights

Saleen4971

Mar 26, 2003
Setauket, LI
what do you guys think? i got a can of VHT nightshadez spray on tint and hit both of my tail lights and my 3rd brake light. the only thing im nto crazy about is that it doenst go on smooth as glass, it has a little bit of texture to it. i think 1 more coat and a clearcoat will work well though.

DSCN0100.JPG

DSCN0101.JPG

DSCN0102.JPG

DSCN0103.JPG

• Sponsors (?)

LOL!!! the camera for some reason refuses to take a clean pic with the flash off!! with the flash on its not blurry.

its a spray paint tint i got form summit called VHT Nightshadez

heres pics after another 2 coats

WOW is this one blurry :)
DSCN0112.JPG

DSCN0107.JPG

mine looks just as rough :(

your car does look awesome tho with the tinted tail lights and window on sonic blue :drool: :drool: i wish mine was sonic blue sometimes.

i used NiteShadez but i didnt apply it properly. you have to do MANY very light coats till you reach the shade you want....i just caked it on :rolleyes:

FWIW, I did a similar thing with Testor's "transparent black" model paint. A couple coats, followed by clearcoat (also Testors). Mine was also a little rough, but unless you are really close, it looks fine.

I decided to not do the center light because it was already somewhat darkened...and I wanted them all to pretty much match.

I did the job almost a year ago, and they have held up very nicely. :)

tail.jpg