Tire hitting fender

EP429

Jun 30, 2007
Central Texas
OK Shelby drop has been done, but I screwed up and asked my guy to take out half a coil. Long story short, he took out an entire coil, and my right tire is on the fender now when turning, but the left seems to not be at issue. (But damn I love the stance!)
Good news- Someone took a baseball bat to the fender lip at some point, so my tires haven't been shredded.

My question herein is this- Should I buy a new set of springs and count my blessings, or could I get away with leveling the left/right springs out and adding a set of 1" poly spring insulators?
Thanks in advance :flag:

• Sponsors (?)

How about the negative camber? What size wheels and tires are you running and what's the backspace? How bad does it rub? It doesn't take much rub to make a lot of noise, is there any chance you can tap the fender lip out of the way? If you're sure you can't find a bit of clearance, then raising it up a touch may be the only alternative. But obviously it wouldn't be my first choice...

I haven't had the car aligned yet, all the shops were closed by the time things were buttoned up. I'll try to get a pic tomorrow.
Tire size is 215/65/15 If I remember right I have 4.5 BS, but I'm not 100% I figure it's whatever run of the mill Cragars use :nice:

I believe you can get taller coil insulator pads
Mine also rubbed, with 620 coils and shelby drop. I didn't cut any coils though. If it rubs by just a hair. I went with Edelbrock IAS shocks and picked up the front by just enough. I did have new gas-a-just on there.