Tire question

dcappoli

Jan 14, 2004
My son has a 2002 Mustang GT. He needs new tires and insists that it's OK to mix. He's looking at some Khumo's for the front and Goodyears (that run about 200 each for the back). Is that a good idea?

• Sponsors (?)

Like Crovax mentioned as long asd they are the same make on the same axel then it will not matter as long as he is not rotating tires. Because in the rotation he will mix the brands. Getting the proper grip on the rear axel or the traction may be impared by mixing the brands and the tread. On the front you have to think about the grip dring cornering.

Now if he is running skinny's on the front and rotation is not an option then as long as the tires look good and are not too oddball looking then they will do fine for an inline racing application.

I tried to mix Eagles and Dunlop tires and I did not like the result in my cornering, I am not saying that there was a danger in this just that you can tell the difference in a brand when you only use one type of tire on your car and then go and mix them.