Took It To The Track

Hey Bnickel, you going to the car show in the depot district this weekend?

Yeah you guys are right about the 60 foot times. I don't know what gear I was in in the traps, probably 2nd. I think I shifted to 4th before the end. I've got video of my runs I need to get into my computer. I figure I can look at that and figure out what gear I was in and hear how the shifts sounded.

yessir!!!! i'll be there with bells on, even if i have to drag the car there. for some reason this car does not want to go to car shows, something has happened the last 2 shows that i couldn't get the car there. well hopefully the third time is the charm....wish me luck:rolleyes:

• Sponsors (?)

Wow! I didn't realize that Lubbock was at such a high elevation. I used to live just outside of Houston and everywhere I traveled, the state seemed very flat.
Lubbock is located at 3200ft while Dallas is at a MUCH more HP friendly 500ft.

Anyway, you have much more than a 15 second car for sure.

I knew the altitude played a part, but not that big a part in a car. Driving 18 wheelers from down here (sea level) and pulling into Amarillo, I always knew the altitude difference when I pulled into the truckstop up there. Take offs with my old 85 Pete were spectacular from there on up to Colorado. Damned thing belched black smoke for 2-3 seconds on take offs. Up at 10,000 + it took about ten seconds for the Turbo too clear the smoke up. :rlaugh:

I KNEW there was something I was supposed to do. I've just been so busy I never got around to it until the other day. The car weighed in at 3150. I was somewhat surprised... but I'm quite sure it's accurate.

Hey Bnickel, you going to the car show in the depot district this weekend?

Yeah you guys are right about the 60 foot times. I don't know what gear I was in in the traps, probably 2nd. I think I shifted to 4th before the end. I've got video of my runs I need to get into my computer. I figure I can look at that and figure out what gear I was in and hear how the shifts sounded.

hey man did you go to that show? i went and was finally able to get the car to agree to go to a car show finally and we got a 3rd in class out of it and even beat a pro builder who also just happens to be a family friend....that was very surprising. it was a very nice red 69 mach 1 with that had all the woodgrain replaced with carbon fiber and a set of 17 or 18" TT-II's and nice looking engine bay too. really is a sweet car and i'm still somewhat shocked that i beat him, i mean he used to make his living restoring mopars and he and his brother have built a buttload of award winning cars, many of which have been in magazines over the years, so you can understand why i'm still shocked. his brother got 2 1st in class wins with 2 diferrent mopars, a red 70 challenger and a green 69 roadrunner.

Boy don't all the posts about gas in the 3.30's from April sound good now....at $4/gal or more for 87 in San Fran Bay area....

Yea, don't you just love your politicians:rlaugh::rlaugh: You know, the ones's who hate the thought of oil exploration and driling there ? Gas here is 3.60, give or take ten cents. Economy here in Louisiana and Texas is BOOMING !!!!!!!!!!!!! :D from the high oil and gas prices. :nice: