Took the Cobra to the body shop today!

Stopped by to take a look today and took a pic while I was at it. They have the new, but used door stripped down to the metal and installed to check the fit. Right now they're waiting on a section of quarter panel to replace the damaged section.

bodyshop.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

Great paint and body work never comes cheap man. I had an inside line from a professional body man, doing a cash under the table job; and I got quoted $3500 for a color change; without any custom work. Depending on what you're getting done, 5k isn't rediculously out of line if it's going to be show quality. I'm sure it'll look awesome when done.

Yeah. This will probably be the largest amount of money I'll have spent on a car at one time. It'll be worth it, though. The guy at the body shop was telling me that Ford usually adds yellows or whites to their black paint jobs to tone down the black a little bit, and that he could either give me a factory paint color or go with a true black. I told him to go ahead with the true black. Should be interesting to see how that turns out. :)

Haha! I swapped those silver saleens with my '02 GT before I sold it. The wheels on there right now are cheap wheels with a lot of wear and tear on them. I don't really care what happens to them, so they'll be on there for the paint. I have some Foose nitrous chrome wheels in the mail that will be going on when it's finished. :)

Haha! I swapped those silver saleens with my '02 GT before I sold it. The wheels on there right now are cheap wheels with a lot of wear and tear on them. I don't really care what happens to them, so they'll be on there for the paint. I have some Foose nitrous chrome wheels in the mail that will be going on when it's finished. :)

You mean those Cobra R's? They look fine to me from the pics. :shrug:

The Foose wheels should look nice though.

Here's another pic or two. Got the tires mounted on the new wheels. All the body work is pretty much all done. It's only waiting to be prepped for paint now.

A better shot of the antenna delete and some associated repairs on the fender/door.
DSCN0814.jpg

They couldn't fix the original quarter, so they grafted in a piece from a salvage yard. Pretty damn good job.
DSCN0816.jpg

HO Fibertrends '95 Cobra R hood.
DSCN0821.jpg

DSCN0823.jpg

New wheels. 18x10/18x8.5 Foose Nitrous chrome. 295/35 and 265/35 BFG KDW2s.
DSCN0820.jpg

DSCN0826.jpg