tork tech

• Sponsors (?)

So........progress!

IMAG0407.jpg

It's coming along......hopefully have it wrapped up tomorrow....crossing fingers.

IMAG0408.jpg

Motor itself is just about done.....still need to mount ic and fluid pump....etc

i blocked my ait sensor on the back of the blower off and pulled the two wires off the MAF sensor and made my own that threads into the intake below the blower on the front , passenger side. Ill get pics up later. Your gt isnt going to have a connector in the harness for that one on the back of the blower.

Thank god for the smart phone.....I got it figured out......like u said, my back one was ready plugged. Clipped out the grey and grey/red wires from maf plug and made up an ait plug....

IMAG0412.jpg

Don't mind my coil of heater hose.....not done running the fmic system yet. But glad its coming along with little bumps in the road.

oops, you replied while I was typing.

You are supose to block off the one on the back of the blower because the TT manifold has the Lightning IAT sensor port on the passenger side of the blower, just above the fuel injectors. I got a plug from Rock Auto. From there, you have to cut 2 wires on your maf and extend them to go to the IAT sensor. The GT has the IAT sensor built into the MAF....which is fine for N/A cars, but horrid for PD blowers because you need the temp post boost. You might be able to get one of those plugs from a Ford Stealership or maybe even an auto parts store.

If I remember right...and I am going off the top of my head, but I think it was the grey wire with a white stripe and a grey wire with a red stripe. You just cut those, splice in the plug and poof....its done.

IMAG0418.jpg

It's alive!

Had three hitches after initial start-up:

Vacuum line hooked up wrong created high idle....
Easy fix......then slight leak on hose I made from firewall to engine block.

Bad hose clamp, easy fix......

Third was tricky.... Had this crazy whistle whine sound. I thought it was bad bypass valve. Called performance evolution for ideas come to find out I had my pcv lines reversed. Problem solved!

Now she's running like an animal! I love it! Down to the dyno in a couple weeks after body shop for a coat of paint on the hood.

IMAG0418.jpg

Reactions: 1 user
Yes, you just reuse your factory rails. You will need the bigger injectors and probably either a BAP or larger fuel pump. I have seen cars over 600rwhp with the stock rails, so they flow just fine. The restrictions that you finally get into is the stock fuel line, but that would be a ways down the road. I now have a return fuel system so the stock rails wouldnt have worked for me.
I had to use a BAP even with a larger pump.

IMAG0418.jpg
It's alive! Had three hitches after initial start-up. vacuum line hooked up wrong created high idle....easy fix......then slight leak on hose I made from firewall to engine block. Bad hose clamp, easy fix......third was tricky....had this crazy whistle whine sound. I thought it was bad bypass valve....called performance evolution for ideas come to find out I had my pcv lines reversed. Problem solved! Now she's running like an animal! I love it! Down to the dyno in a couple weeks after body shop for a coat of paint on the hood.
IMAG0418.jpg
Looks like mine but where is your intercooler/heat exchanger resvoir?

It's alive!

Had three hitches after initial start-up:

Vacuum line hooked up wrong created high idle....
Easy fix......then slight leak on hose I made from firewall to engine block.

Bad hose clamp, easy fix......

Third was tricky.... Had this crazy whistle whine sound. I thought it was bad bypass valve. Called performance evolution for ideas come to find out I had my pcv lines reversed. Problem solved!

Now she's running like an animal! I love it! Down to the dyno in a couple weeks after body shop for a coat of paint on the hood.

Congrats!

Do you think it would be possible for you to give your parts list on the install? Im in the market for a blower and have looked into Tork Tech, but I am so turned off by all of the parts sourcing you have to do. I would really appreciate it :nice:

Let's see.... Ported m112 with plenum throttle body $580. 90mm maf $100. Dy1159 iat $40. Svt fuel pump $100. Cobra heat exchanger $125. Bosch pump $90. 60lb Siemens deka injectors $380. Cobra iac $80. Cobra throttle cable $45. Sct tuner $380. All gaskets $60. Cervinis y2k cobra hood $580. Tork tech ic kit $2150. Boost and fluid temp gauges $140. Gauge pod $60. Total $4910 minus dyno tune and hood painted. So around $4000 in the actual motor. Kenne Bell kit is $4800 and I think you still need to purchase some additional parts (correct me if I'm wrong). This kit is upgradable if you want to build the bottom end. That might be next years project. Explorer 4.6 with forged bottom end upgraded valve train big boost numbers.

And the longest part of sourcing the parts for me was the money. If I had the $5000 I would have been done a month ago...actual build took a weekend and 2 nights after work. The hardest part is the 100 trips to parts stores because you need custom length belts, and different hose fittings and adaptors..... But it was fun and relatively easy. And beings I don't have a garage I think i moved a little slower. Stone driveway is a little painful to work on. But its done that's what matters.

Congrats!

Do you think it would be possible for you to give your parts list on the install? Im in the market for a blower and have looked into Tork Tech, but I am so turned off by all of the parts sourcing you have to do. I would really appreciate it :nice:

That is actually the great part about it...you can do what you want. Bob bought a few new parts and a few used ones. He even used a power steering reservoir for the coolant tank. I bought all new parts for mine, and there is a big difference in price between ours. That is the beauty of this setup, get what you want, when you want, for the price you want. There are really not that many things you need to get. I looked on eBay today for parts, and I could get almost everything I needed for the actual engine part of it for $1000-1200.....including blower, tb, injectors, sensor, tb cable, heat exchanger, pump, MAF, IAC. I dont think I really looked for a CAI or the 19mm hose for the heat exchanger, but you should be able to find that pretty cheap too.

Bob was right about the KB 2.1 being 4800. Sure, but if you want anything other than the base kit...that is up to you. I had well over 6k in 2.1 KB with the kit, TB, Big Tube Kit, and 2 extra pullies.

Bob also talked about upgrades....and that is the beauty of it. ANY 03-04 Cobra blower will fit it. KB, Whipple, TVS, Eaton....the list goes on. Have you ever wanted a 4.0 Whipple on your 2v? I have a friend making over 510 rwhp with Patriot heads, Comp Cams stage 2 cams on a stock 96 shortblock with less than 10 psi. You arent going to do that with a KB....