Totaled my truck today

• Sponsors (?)

Went by today to get the last remaining things off my truck, I took the cap off the back b/c I have people asking to buy that already and progressive said they would only give me $50-75 for it as an add on aftermarket part so I'm better off selling it on my own. Got a really nice Ford Focus for a rental car, only has 7,900 miles on it.

Found out some more info from the other driver, she is 62 years old and she suffered a broken neck. Not sure of how severe she was coherent and standing after the crash. I also found out where her car was and stopped by and took some pics. I didn't realize just how hard of an impact this was until I saw her car. My head was so foggy during/after the crash I did not even realize her car was this bad. It was a 2009 Corolla

Notice the large gap between the cab and the bed.

View attachment 206001

Few other pics I took

View attachment 206002

View attachment 206003

View attachment 206004

This gap was not here before. The tailgate would not open.

View attachment 206005

And whats left of her car.

View attachment 206006

View attachment 206007

View attachment 206008

View attachment 206009

View attachment 206010

View attachment 206011

View attachment 206012

After seeing her car makes me glad I was in a truck, it held up really well compared to her car. After this I wont question the safety of a Ford

It'll buff out :shrug:

I was once in a fox body and we rear ended a truck doing about 35-40. Crumple zones worked perfect and none of us were harmed at all :nice: Fords have always done me right too!

Well I replaced the Ranger today. I picked up a 2007 WRX STI 34,700 miles on it. I'll post pics tomorrow its to dark now to take any. This thing fly's lol, going to be a lot of fun

yeah they put that on her when the ambulance showed up.

No, no dark side turning for me. Ive always like the STI's but was never in a position to get one. The Cobra would still murder it in a straight line. But the handling and the AWD is the main reason I got it. I might do a few things to it but it wont be the mod pit the Cobra is

I didn't want another ranger. I've had 2 I wanted to try something different. Not that rangers are not nice and all but I wanted to keep my options open more then just a ford truck. I think I'll be more then happy w/ the STI

I think he had a ram today, A BIG RAM - tee hee!
If you need a real back seat, A Ram is better than an S-10. My jump seats were useless on the Ranger. Otherwise, I loved the truck.

The STI has lots of back seat room lol

Honestly I think I now have the best of both worlds, a 94 Cobra with a 351 and a WRX STI. I just dont see the bases being covered much more then that. If I cant take you an a straight line then I'll get you in the corners, haha

The STI has lots of back seat room lol

Honestly I think I now have the best of both worlds, a 94 Cobra with a 351 and a WRX STI. I just dont see the bases being covered much more then that. If I cant take you an a straight line then I'll get you in the corners, haha

Yup....you're set as long as you don't need to haul a trailer, or carry a sheet of plywood. ;)

Its the standard muffler. Shocking even to me but these things with an exhaust system on them sound really really good. They had another WRX there that had a full exhaust system on it and it sounded damn nice, not the civic fart can sound we all picture.

As far as I know the only thing done to it was having the wheels powder coated. They were originally silver.